[SOLVED] AMD Radeon R7 350 4gb gddr5 VRAM problem after 1.5 gb ram used

Dec 16, 2020
Alright, so, recently i bought a pc with a AMD Radeon R7 350 4gb gddr5 VRAM, all nice and good until the moment the vram usage goes over 1500 mb, sometimes i get to 1700 mb with no problem but then suddenly, the display stats glitching, the games stop or crash and if i'm in fullscreen in any of those games the display simply gives me no signal for a couple seconds until it recovers, sometimes it doesnt, depending on how much more VRAM i'm using.

Specs
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Display: an LOD TV using an HDMI connection from the graphics card to the tv.
8 GB RAM
-----------------
7s6Arvv.png

I'm thinking that I probably got scammed with the graphics card and it only has like 1 gb vram or 1.5 gb vram instead of 4 gb vram, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Solution
well this is pretty confusing, your card doesnt appear to be an r7 350 in the regular sense. It does appear to be named that but it does not fit r7350 specs.
It seems the system maker kinda just mislabelled a lesser gpu.
A regular 350 has 512 shaders yours has 384 it does appear to be a genuine card until you get to 4GB of ddr5 there were no oland based amd gpus with that memory configuration 4GB of ddr3 but not gddr5
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/amd-oland.g389
It seems like a scam card but maybe not.

What games are you playing when this happens?
Dec 16, 2020
Well, this is an odd time to say this, but have you tried older drivers?
What version of windows are you using?
Windows 10 and yes, I tried the version that came on a cd with the pc, that version is from 2015 andhas the same problem with the vram, I've also tried the 2019 december update and lastly last months update and this months as well

Last edited:
well this is pretty confusing, your card doesnt appear to be an r7 350 in the regular sense. It does appear to be named that but it does not fit r7350 specs.
A regular 350 has 512 shaders yours has 384 it does appear to be a genuine card until you get to 4GB of ddr5 there were no oland based amd gpus with that memory configuration 4GB of ddr3 but not gddr5

Solution
Dec 16, 2020

To be honest, it happens everywhere, I used a program for vram testing, and it happened even outside of the games, the screen starts glitching out and the more it uses over 1.5 gb the worse it gets, other than that, all the games I've played so far crashed in one way or another after reaching that point, or at least the display just blacked out for a second and then everything went back to normal but with the game crashed or not responding.

This was a used system?
If so, did you personally do a full wipe and reinstall of Windows?
When I received the pc, it didn't have an operating system, I then installed windows 10 on it

Dec 16, 2020
In the end, I decided to buy a new graphics card since this one crashes after that amount of vram used, and since there is not a way to block applications from using more than a set amount of vram, there is no other solution that comes to mind

TRENDING THREADS