AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB Review

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dor_13

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
The review is about an OverClocked version.
What should I infer from it about the non-OC version?

There is a sentance in page #1:
"""As a result, we think it's possible that the different RX 470s out there may play on a more even field than their frequencies suggest. """
What does this mean? Especially the phrase "even field".

In page #7 we can see the temperature hit around 96 Celsius near the memory modules.
It seems too high, doesn't it worries you?
Perhaps not a lot of time will pass until the card will be faulty ?

Vlp3r

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
So the future games gonna support only vulcan? In that case i might go for rx 470 instead Gtx 1060. In India the 480 prices are insane.

<<Mod edit for language>>

InvalidError

Titan

All genuinely new GPUs' prices get "inflated" for the first several weeks/months until supply and demand stabilize. Locally, I cannot find an RX460-470 in stock without a 30-50% markup over the MSRP.

I'll probably end up waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday or Boxing Day/Week before deciding if I will bother upgrading during this GPU generation. Supply will hopefully be sorted out good enough to have some decent sale prices by then.

Zaxx420

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

Hope to hell it doesn't take quite that long! I've already pulled the trigger on a 4GB Nitro 470...got tired of waiting on the aib 480 supply to improve. Have I have a line on a decent used 1440p freesync monitor for cheapish...so now I'm thinking of going CF with another 470...but it'll HAVE to be close to msrp cuz the monitor is gonna smoke my budget. I should have waited and nabbed a 480 8GB once prices came down but an alum vram heatsink came loose and fried my old card.

Status
Not open for further replies.