Question AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT causing crashes

Aug 23, 2020
I recently upgraded to this graphics card (Had an nvidia 960gtx before) and ever since upgrading I've been having issues. World of Warcraft will crash on average about once per 2 hours I'd say, the game just freezes and I get windowed out while it attempts to go from full screen back to windows multiple times and I'm forced to hard restart my computer. If I tab in and out too much to my second monitor I get very severe lag. I typically run around 140fps and it feels like im getting 10. I don't know if it's a faulty card or what the issue is. I uninstalled all drivers for Nvidia.

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
CPU - Intel Core i5-8600
Motherboard - Prime Z370-A
16bg RAM
Windows 10x64

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 23, 2020
Rosewill ARC series are not very good, especially for gaming.

A 750w PSU for your system specs is overkill, you only need a good quality 550w model.

Refer to this to help you choose a good one.

Do you think the psu is what's causing the graphical issues? I assumed it was faulty drivers or the card itself because of the random fps drops that only go away if I ctrl+shift+windows+B to reset the graphics card.

Do you think the psu is what's causing the graphical issues? I assumed it was faulty drivers or the card itself because of the random fps drops that only go away if I ctrl+shift+windows+B to reset the graphics card.

No, I can't say it's definitely the PSU. All I'm saying is the one you have is not a good one so it has be suspect.

A second opinion would be useful here but nobody else seems interested in joining this particular thread.

Oct 30, 2020
Listen look up how to install driver without software im telling you i did a before and after yesterday. 1 timed 1 minute with the software at 183 fps doing the same activity and it was a common number if i felt something might be off. yeah? well now hitting very steady 220s ( hovering multiplayer in cod mw login ) i did this to avoid arguements with the computer and the software and the driver. because its always the software that seems to be crashing. which crashes the driver. then your game crashes. and hear fans go back to normal. Look up a guide on how to install driver Without software. theyl be less high than me , so yeah lemme know how it goes