Review AMD Radeon RX 7600 Review: Incremental Upgrades

colossusrage

Prominent
Jun 8, 2022
neutral.jpg

btmedic04

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
Glad to see the last minute price drop, it definitely makes it a much more appealing product. Currently at newegg there are 5 rx 6650xt models available with an average price of $288 minus an average discount of $20. So more or less the same price as the rx 7600 mba. given that information, if I were in the market at that price range, I'd just grab the 7600 given they are more or less the same price once you factor in discounts. It still would've been nice to see a -600 class part match the last generation -700 class part in performance. Maybe we'll see that with a 7600 xt

Reactions: artk2219

InvalidError

Titan
As what I expected another pile of crap. One watt better than the old gen. Why spend sand on these... 199 dollar max for this graphics.
While it may not make sense for people who already own something from the last generation or two, plenty of people have 5+ years old GPUs or are building new with no half-decent GPU to spare.

I'm still using a GTX1050, waiting for something decent to hit ~$260 CAN. I bought an open-box A750 for $270 a few weeks ago, ended up returning it as seemingly defective since it caused my PC to crash repeatedly.

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
While it may not make sense for people who already own something from the last generation or two, plenty of people have 5+ years old GPUs or are building new with no half-decent GPU to spare.

I'm still using a GTX1050, waiting for something decent to hit ~$260 CAN. I bought an open-box A750 for $270 a few weeks ago, ended up returning it as seemingly defective since it caused my PC to crash repeatedly.
People want a brilliant GPU and they wanna pay $250 for it, as if the whole pandemic, parts shortage and a historic inflation went over their head. This might sound like a radical idea, but mid-range starts at $500 now. :LOL:

evdjj3j

Honorable
Aug 4, 2017

I have a 5 year old GPU (2070) but I can't justify buying any card this generation. I'd like to buy a 4070ti but I can't do it with less that 16GB of RAM. I use a 4K TV so I like to use as high a resolution as possible.

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
Should it though?
Since I'd be the one paying, I say no; yet, my preference doesn't make reality. As long as prices for older gens drop (like AMD's) I'm patient enough to grab a high-end car later in its life cycle. People paid through the nose for GPUs during the pandemic, then went and bought the 4090 like their lives depended on it, same thing with the XTX. Unless our GPU overlords suddenly become charitable I don't see this trend stopping.

Reactions: artk2219

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Since I'd be the one paying, I say no; yet, my preference doesn't make reality. As long as prices for older gens drop (like AMD's) I'm patient enough to grab a high-end car later in its life cycle. People paid through the nose for GPUs during the pandemic, then went and bought the 4090 like their lives depended on it, same thing with the XTX. Unless our GPU overlords suddenly become charitable I don't see this trend stopping.
Absolutely and that is the big trend I am seeing in users I know or talk to online. Generally no one wants these prices but are left with the notion that their preference/feelings on the matter don't count for anything. I believe that is incorrect thinking. I think the GPU industry, Nvidia in particular, is currently coming to an inflection point as we speak. Nvidia has reshuffled the deck this gen (80 12GB -> 70 Ti, pricing of 70Ti class, 60 /Ti pricing) more so than any other gen and their lack of confidence in their own product stack shows as it should. These benchmarks Jarred did proves Nvidia's 'weakness' as much yet again. We are getting a mediocre product for a mediocre price, considering what your getting compared to what gamers want.

Now will we get the prices we want? probably not but will we get better value than we are now? If we push hard enough, yes we will and already have this gen.

Reactions: evdjj3j

Amdlova

Distinguished

I have here the 1650. If you take the 1660 super had better performance per dollar than this new graphics. Why the hell will you pay 269 dollar for something you will need more power. Has more money for it. That's graphics is stupid. Dark times ahead 😱

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
Absolutely and that is the big trend I am seeing in users I know or talk to online. Generally no one wants these prices but are left with the notion that their preference/feelings on the matter don't count for anything. I believe that is incorrect thinking. I think the GPU industry, Nvidia in particular, is currently coming to an inflection point as we speak. Nvidia has reshuffled the deck this gen (80 12GB -> 70 Ti, pricing of 70Ti class, 60 /Ti pricing) more so than any other gen and their lack of confidence in their own product stack shows as it should. These benchmarks Jarred did proves Nvidia's 'weakness' as much yet again. We are getting a mediocre product for a mediocre price, considering what your getting compared to what gamers want.

Now will we get the prices we want? probably not but will we get better value than we are now? If we push hard enough, yes we will and already have this gen.
You are preaching to the choir, I'm still on a Pascal GPU, I'll soon be building a new PC and replacing my whole rig but I'm gonna keep my GPU :ROFLMAO: I won't be extorted, I'll only buy a new GPU until I see a deal that excites me.

Colif

Win 11 Master
while I understand the need to compare to previous gen, you are right... not many people buy a new GPU every generation so the gains some of the current gen cards offered over the older cards was enough to make some of us jump.

But most of them basically equal to their previous gen. AMD & Nvidia are guilty of that. AMD still needs to fill in the gap.

Reactions: atomicWAR

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Minor edit nitpick: the droplist/title for page 3 says "AMD RX 6700 Test Setup", and the overclocking heading says "AMD RX 6700 Overclocking"

I guess, overall, kind of meh. I suppose you can give it credit for being their -600 card that outdoes their previous -600XT card, and ties/slightly edges out their -650XT card.

I will give full props to Nvidia, though on the 4060Ti in terms of efficiency for what you get. Yeah, it's too expensive, but the efficiency is pretty darn astounding.

I'm definitely interested to see where the 4060 non-Ti lands in terms of performance.

healthy Pro-teen

Prominent
Jun 23, 2022
As what I expected another pile of crap. One watt better than the old gen. Why spend sand on these... 199 dollar max for this graphics.

@JarredWaltonGPU thanks for the review... hard time to you trying find somenthing good or new on these graphics
This is is way better than crap, it's the best value according to HUB testing of real world pricing. AMD also did discount the RX6650XT a lot so it's not the only option but that's a good thing in my opinion.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Running a GTX 770 from 2013, still waiting on a good deal for a new GPU, maybe next generation...
You might not have a choice if the card decides its had enough. They don't last forever. I have had 4 GPU since 2013, two of them are spares now (GTX 960 & 2070 Super), one died (GTX 980) and last is only 6 months old... how time flies.

I am sure the newer GPU look better than your current one.