Review AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX and XT Review: Shooting for the Top

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
Ray Tracing gets bad pressure because people have AMD stocks and make money if AMD do well. Reviews are still focusing on raster and ignoring maximum settings with RT to make AMD cards seems faster and better than they are. Really the RX 7900XTX is close to the RTX 3090 in performance in more games. In Portal RTX a RTX 3090 is far faster than a RX 7900XTX. This is why raster is focused on when its a dead end and is replaced by RT. Most new games and remasters of old game will involve Ray Tracing/path tracing. AMD are far behind in performance. Cards should be focused on RT and AI upscaling. AMD is focused on raster, thus performance will suck as new games appear. That's why RT is played down and made to look unimportant. Meanwhile RT performance is all you should care about and AI upscaling performance. Raster is legacy, that a card gets 255 and not 240 fps has no logical point on monitors that are 144hz. Meanwhile a card that gets 30-50%+ less performance in RT is a really big deal as this means you can't get a decent frame rate with AI upscaling.
keep in mind, people have stock in nvidia as well, so this whole point it kinda of moot.

another way to look at it, while the hardware is there, there arent enough games out that people are playing to worry about RT, yet, not to mention, the performance hit with RT in, might still be more then some are willing to lose, unless you are on high end 4080s and 4090s. most i know at least would rather buy a card that will run the resolution they want to play at, vs using upscaleing, which, to some looks like crap.

for me, i could care less about RT and upscaling. only ONE game i play supports RT, and its minimal, and when RT on, i loose 20-30 frames. as for upscaling ( dlss ) the game supports FSR, not DLSS.

also the current prices for nvidia hardware, is atrocious, what a top end 7900 xtx goes for, would only get you an ENTRY level 4080, if a person could careless about RT and DLSS, the extra 400+ to get an RTX card, is just not worth it. for the most part, all nvidia really has to sell their cards, and to try to justify the prices, IS RT and DLSS.

But it is mostly just fancy puddles. Snipped the image below from some fanboy bragging about RT perf that looks kind of silly.

cca61a5091dcced7f06371432cd86e6c00363d43f807fb8213bbe78ccdc98e4e.jpg

Not only that, people are acting like similar affects are not possible on cards without RT cores.

GTX 1660 Ti running CP2077 at 1080p:

c4fdba76b0a49fa3a80c09b72df01228fffaa8da91de8f1c794241e41ce03b6c.png
If the only difference you actually see is just in the puddles you need your eyes checked.

And the rt cores help accelerate the rendering so you're not playing a slide show. That 1660ti is struggling to display that!

zx128k

Reputable
keep in mind, people have stock in nvidia as well, so this whole point it kinda of moot.

another way to look at it, while the hardware is there, there arent enough games out that people are playing to worry about RT, yet, not to mention, the performance hit with RT in, might still be more then some are willing to lose, unless you are on high end 4080s and 4090s. most i know at least would rather buy a card that will run the resolution they want to play at, vs using upscaleing, which, to some looks like crap.

for me, i could care less about RT and upscaling. only ONE game i play supports RT, and its minimal, and when RT on, i loose 20-30 frames. as for upscaling ( dlss ) the game supports FSR, not DLSS.

also the current prices for nvidia hardware, is atrocious, what a top end 7900 xtx goes for, would only get you an ENTRY level 4080, if a person could careless about RT and DLSS, the extra 400+ to get an RTX card, is just not worth it. for the most part, all nvidia really has to sell their cards, and to try to justify the prices, IS RT and DLSS.

Everything will be RT and upscaling. You will be forced to care.

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
Everything will be RT and upscaling. You will be forced to care.
when ?? THAT is the question. right now, its not as a big of a deal to some, as other make it out to be.

case in point. IF you had only ONE game that you are currently playing that supports RT, would you consider the extra cost, and frame rate hit worth the price that RTX hardware is selling for ? i for one, say no, not worth it. there are no games out that i am even interesting in playing right now either, so that means, not worth the cost to buy hardware that i wont partially be using for the time being, id rather save the money, buy a radeon 7000 card, and put the money i saved, into something else.

also RT seem to only be for light effects, not for rendering the whole frame, unless my view of RT is wrong, but that is what it looks like from what i have read.

as for upscaling, WHY would you use that, if the card you buy, can handle the resolution you are playing at ? makes ZERO sense. upscaling is just a hack to improve frame rates, while, for some, makes the game look worse, then native.

zx128k

Reputable
when ?? THAT is the question. right now, its not as a big of a deal to some, as other make it out to be.

case in point. IF you had only ONE game that you are currently playing that supports RT, would you consider the extra cost, and frame rate hit worth the price that RTX hardware is selling for ? i for one, say no, not worth it. there are no games out that i am even interesting in playing right now either, so that means, not worth the cost to buy hardware that i wont partially be using for the time being, id rather save the money, buy a radeon 7000 card, and put the money i saved, into something else.

also RT seem to only be for light effects, not for rendering the whole frame, unless my view of RT is wrong, but that is what it looks like from what i have read.

as for upscaling, WHY would you use that, if the card you buy, can handle the resolution you are playing at ? makes ZERO sense. upscaling is just a hack to improve frame rates, while, for some, makes the game look worse, then native.

The RX 7900XTX is a $1000~ gpu it should be all singing and dancing.

More on the overheating.

AMD to recalled the whole MBA series? 1000's of AMD RX 7900XTX possibly have faulty cooling?

Last edited:

zx128k

Reputable
Glad i have a AIB non reference design 7900 XT,
I haven't heard about them getting so warm so I guess its all those who sailed too close to the sun that got burned?

Sound like the cards with a custom cooling design will be fine. The good thing about higher end cards, is you can normally get a water block. Its more throttling because the die hits 110c. Basically there is a loss in performance.
der8auer is stating the issue is caused by the heat pipes on the stock designs cooler. You have to mount the GPU in the vertical orientation or the issue will occur. This is all at stock, so this will affect overclocking the card because there would basically be trottling and no point to overclocking the card.

More on the overheating.

AMD to recalled the whole MBA series? 1000's of AMD RX 7900XTX possibly have faulty cooling?
To be pedantic, like I replied in another thread: it's the vapour chamber which has a potential design flaw or defect and it only expresses itself when the GPU is horizontally mounted (which would be the big majority anyway) and it doesn't show problems when vertically mounted.

And I agree: AMD better issue a recall for all of the reference cards. These are way too expensive to have such a problem.

Regards.

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
and the most expensive XTX the stores here, is still LESS then the bottom level entry 4080, whats your point ?

the overheating issue, has NOTHING to do with the rt and dlss is not worth the cost for some people as they wont use it, so what was the point of bringing the overheating issue up ? did debauer say the same things about nvidia and its 16 pin connector ?

face it, i proved my point in my last post, as your reply had noting to do with mine. for some RT and DLSS is not a factor in the choice of vid card some one may get. no matter how much you care for it.

And I agree: AMD better issue a recall for all of the reference cards. These are way too expensive to have such a problem.

nvidia should do the SAME thing about the 16 pin connector melting, right ? considering those cards cost A LOT more then the radeon

nvidia should do the SAME thing about the 16 pin connector melting, right ? considering those cards cost A LOT more then the radeon
Not necessarily.

As it was demonstrated, it was user error first and a questionable design choice second. This issue with the vapour chamber (or heat pipes?) is the reverse, so not quite comparable. This is a manufacturing problem (as demonstrated, so far, by der8auer) and not a user using the card wrong (or plugging something wrong) like in nVidia's case.

Overall and to be fair to nVidia, they were accepting RMAs for the melted connector, even if they knew it wasn't a manufacturing issue and just users having problems connecting the power thingy correctly. Yes, it is a questionable design choice and we could spend years talking about that, but at the end of the day, for the connector thing, if it was plugged "as intended", then no melting happened. Or so far, that is the conclusion everyone has reached. AMD on the other hand, you orientate the card horizontally and the high temps are seen under use.

Regards.

Reactions: rDigital

zx128k

Reputable
and the most expensive XTX the stores here, is still LESS then the bottom level entry 4080, whats your point ?

the overheating issue, has NOTHING to do with the rt and dlss is not worth the cost for some people as they wont use it, so what was the point of bringing the overheating issue up ? did debauer say the same things about nvidia and its 16 pin connector ?

face it, i proved my point in my last post, as your reply had noting to do with mine. for some RT and DLSS is not a factor in the choice of vid card some one may get. no matter how much you care for it.

There are reports that RMA is being rejected by AMD. The nvidia power connector issue was a very small amount of people. Was found to be user error and nvidia still rma'ed the affected cards. AMD's issue likely affects everyone that got a reference cooler and they are getting told to get lost, live with it or fix it yourself. This is normal. AMD launched the RX 7900 XTX on December 13 with the promise of up to 70% better performance vs the RX 6950 XT. We can see one of the reasons why this turned out to be overly high. 110 °C temps, result in thermal throttling and performance reduction. If this is true and AMD is at fault this is down to poor testing or not caring and releasing it anyway.

Note this comment, "initial RMA refusals were done by Digital River, a company AMD outsources customer support to." So this is already being spun as not AMD fault. AMD can do nothing wrong. If this were nvidia this would be an outrage of the highest grade. A display of incompetence. Like when amd mocked nvidia for the power connector issue. Now this is a big PR problem we see AMD covering their ass. Protecting their band, after ignoring customers at the start and denying RMA.

AMD refuses RMA

In the meantime, some buyers of the Radeon RX 7900 XTX in MBA design have apparently contacted AMD directly, where they also bought the card. In the US, however, AMD apparently refused a return because the packaging was already open.

AMD has published another statement, probably also to appease the current discussion about the rejected RMA requests:

"We are aware that in a few isolated cases, users are experiencing unexpected thermal throttling on AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards (AMD reference models). Users experiencing unexpected thermal throttling on an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX should contact AMD Support turn."

It's reported AMD will not pay for return shipping for a possible manufacturing defect.

If this was nvidia there would be an outcry not to buy nvidia cards and boycott nvidia's produces. Every forum we get people that will push AMD PR and protect AMD by any means necessary. I am starting to think they are worse that nvidia. It's like posting and then having to deal with a million paid shills. You can see it in the above quoted post. There cant be any progress in the graphcis card industry if it can affect AMD's profits. RT or DLSS doesnt matter. nothing to see hear. Dont look up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
As it was demonstrated, it was user error first and a questionable design choice second. This issue with the vapour chamber (or heat pipes?) is the reverse, so not quite comparable. This is a manufacturing problem (as demonstrated, so far, by der8auer) and not a user using the card wrong (or plugging something wrong) like in nVidia's case.
if there were only a handful of burnt connectors with the 4090 cards, that would be user error, but with the amount that there has been, is a design flaw, plain and simple. the " user error " nvidia is claiming, is BS and is just them passing the blame to someone else

zx128k,
considering you are switching topics, from RT and DLSS now to this over heating issue, again PROVED MY POINT in regards to RT and DLSS only being important to YOU, and those that use it. so and i quote you : Everything will be RT and upscaling. You will be forced to care. " nope, cause i dont care about RT or DLSS for reasons already stated.

Every forum we get people that will push AMD PR and protect AMD by any means necessary.
news flash, we get the same thing when it comes to nvidia and intels products, again, point is ?

if there were only a handful of burnt connectors with the 4090 cards, that would be user error, but with the amount that there has been, is a design flaw, plain and simple. the " user error " nvidia is claiming, is BS and is just them passing the blame to someone else
Well... If der8auer's numbers are to be believed, the amount of cards he received information from are way more than the official figure nVidia quoted of affected cards (~100 vs ~50). And, potentially, ALL AMD reference cards are affected and will present the problem if used horizontally, which sucks for AMD and, more importantly, the users.

Saying what is worse, I'm not sure TBH. Both nVidia's melting and AMD's hot spot temp will require a user to get the card RMA and, so far, nVidia has shown a better attitude. That being said, I trust AMD will do the right thing, since der8auer's video is pretty conclusive, so they're under the spotlight right now. What they do next will matter a lot IMO.

Regards.

zx128k

Reputable

zx128k,
considering you are switching topics, from RT and DLSS now to this over heating issue, again PROVED MY POINT in regards to RT and DLSS only being important to YOU, and those that use it. so and i quote you : Everything will be RT and upscaling. You will be forced to care. " nope, cause i dont care about RT or DLSS for reasons already stated.

news flash, we get the same thing when it comes to nvidia and intels products, again, point is ?

The whole market has gone RT and AI upscaling. Both AMD, nvidia and intel have AI support on their gpus. Both Intel and nvidia have ai based upscaling and RT. You just think you can gaslight us. People bought far more RTX 3000 series cards than RX 6000 series. The dats from the likes of steam hardware survey show mostly nvidia cards were bought with RT and DLSS. Every game is being designed with RT and older games are being remastered for RT features. The whole market voted RT/upscaling and you are the small minority that think their arguements matter. No one cares if you think RT matters personally when the whole world voted for RT and upscaling. Keep living in that fantasy of its not important. Almost every gamer but you will enjoy the better graphics. Its only AMD customers that will suffer. When their RX 6950XT gets 8 fps in the latest remastered RT game.

AMD lost market share because of RT and DLSS. Now AMD behind in performance, have released a card with an issue that could start a recall but were forced to accept RMA's only because of the bad PR. This issue makes the power connector issue look like nothing at all. nVidia RMA'ed cards damaged by user error. Less than a percent of cards were affect. AMD stated thermal issues were normal operation. The coolers may have to be replaced at AMD cost. This will likely require a recall at great expense for AMD or big court action if they don't. nVidia won't have to do a recall on their 4090 card for the power connector which is a standard nvidia dont control.

It looks like AMD could be in a spot of trouble. How many AMD reference cards have been sold?

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
As it was demonstrated, it was user error first
as i said in another thread, if it was only 10 cards or less, that could be user error, cause as you mention via debauer if it really is 100 or more cards, thats a design flaw, NOT user error, and nvidia useing " user error " as a reason is pure BS, and just them trying to pass the buck to some one else. 2 or 3 friends were looking to get an rtx 40 series card, cause of the connector, they won't be. even after they read about it being " user error " they are still going to pass on those cards, and either keep what they have, wait to see if the connector gets a version 2, or go with a Radeon card.

nVidia has shown a better attitude
not really, they said nothing for what 2, 3 weeks ? after this melted connector was reported on. looks like amd has said something about it with in days of this being reported on.

it is difficult to say which is worse in the end though :)

The whole market has gone RT and AI upscaling
um yea ok sure, there are games that have come out that dont support RT since the rtx 20 series, and prob some new games since, dont support RT. and again WHY upscale if the card you buy runs at the resolution that you want at the FPS you are comfortable with ? it make NO sense to use upscaling in that use case AT ALL

the likes of steam hardware survey show mostly nvidia card
yea the steam survey really shows what the WHOLE gaming market uses for video cards. at best its a guide line, nothing more. i have used steam off an on for a few years now, and not once have i been asked to take that survey, NOT ONCE. i know a few at work who dont even use steam, and they use nvidia and radeon cards. quoting steam numbers, is almost laughable.

No one cares if you think RT matters personally when the whole world voted for RT and upscaling
the same could be said about you and caring so much for rt and DLSS, whats your point ? a few friends i have, also dont care that much about RT or DLSS, mostly cause of the performance hit, and they also run at native res, vs upscaling.

Keep living in that fantasy of its not important. Almost every gamer but you will enjoy the better graphics

for the game i play, RT does NOTHING to improve the graphics, all it does it make the shadows more defined, thats it, and cost me 20-30 FPS in the process. a couple of friends that do play other games with better RT support, get this, they turn it OFF, why ? frame rate hit, is too much and it doesnt make their games look any better. RT isnt important now, maybe when 4090 performance can be had in a 4060 class card, then sure, till then lets try to agree that its 50-50 when it comes to RT

Its only AMD customers that will suffer

but they wont, why ? cause they made the choice to get an amd card. and the performance hit, isn't that bad with RT on. it is worse then with an RTX, but not that bad

AMD lost market share because of RT and DLSS. Now AMD behind in performance
maybe, but in resterization, its close enough that if a person doesn need RT and DLSS, then im sure they would rather save the $200-$300+ .

nVidia won't have to do a recall on their 4090 card for the power connector which is a standard nvidia dont control.
on the contrary, it IS nvidia's problem, as THEY chose to use that connector, and now they have to replace the cards, directly or not ( AIBs) that still costs them. BTW, it also looks like it is ONLY " founders edition " cards, cards that are custom, or use custom coolers, look to be fine

Less than a percent of cards were affect
and you are sure that ALL the cards that melted have been accounted for ?? as Fran mentioned above, the amount of cards that have melted could be quite a bit higher

It looks like AMD could be in a spot of trouble. How many AMD reference cards have been sold?
just like nvidia was ?

zx128k

Reputable
as i said in another thread, if it was only 10 cards or less, that could be user error, cause as you mention via debauer if it really is 100 or more cards, thats a design flaw, NOT user error, and nvidia useing " user error " as a reason is pure BS, and just them trying to pass the buck to some one else. 2 or 3 friends were looking to get an rtx 40 series card, cause of the connector, they won't be. even after they read about it being " user error " they are still going to pass on those cards, and either keep what they have, wait to see if the connector gets a version 2, or go with a Radeon card.

not really, they said nothing for what 2, 3 weeks ? after this melted connector was reported on. looks like amd has said something about it with in days of this being reported on.

it is difficult to say which is worse in the end though :)

um yea ok sure, there are games that have come out that dont support RT since the rtx 20 series, and prob some new games since, dont support RT. and again WHY upscale if the card you buy runs at the resolution that you want at the FPS you are comfortable with ? it make NO sense to use upscaling in that use case AT ALL

yea the steam survey really shows what the WHOLE gaming market uses for video cards. at best its a guide line, nothing more. i have used steam off an on for a few years now, and not once have i been asked to take that survey, NOT ONCE. i know a few at work who dont even use steam, and they use nvidia and radeon cards. quoting steam numbers, is almost laughable.

the same could be said about you and caring so much for rt and DLSS, whats your point ? a few friends i have, also dont care that much about RT or DLSS, mostly cause of the performance hit, and they also run at native res, vs upscaling.

for the game i play, RT does NOTHING to improve the graphics, all it does it make the shadows more defined, thats it, and cost me 20-30 FPS in the process. a couple of friends that do play other games with better RT support, get this, they turn it OFF, why ? frame rate hit, is too much and it doesnt make their games look any better. RT isnt important now, maybe when 4090 performance can be had in a 4060 class card, then sure, till then lets try to agree that its 50-50 when it comes to RT

but they wont, why ? cause they made the choice to get an amd card. and the performance hit, isn't that bad with RT on. it is worse then with an RTX, but not that bad

maybe, but in resterization, its close enough that if a person doesn need RT and DLSS, then im sure they would rather save the $200-$300+ .

on the contrary, it IS nvidia's problem, as THEY chose to use that connector, and now they have to replace the cards, directly or not ( AIBs) that still costs them. BTW, it also looks like it is ONLY " founders edition " cards, cards that are custom, or use custom coolers, look to be fine

and you are sure that ALL the cards that melted have been accounted for ?? as Fran mentioned above, the amount of cards that have melted could be quite a bit higher

just like nvidia was ?

We don't have to go on stream hardware survey, market share is reported. Its all nvidia. In Q3 2022, Nvidia claimed 86% market share, with Intel grabbing the remaining 4%. Q3 2022 Discrete GPU Market Share Report: NVIDIA Gains 88% Market Share Hold, AMD Now at 8% Followed By Intel at 4%.

Despite Dwindling GPU Shipments, NVIDIA Gains Discrete GPU Market Share Big Time While AMD Falls Below Single-Digit Figures

29160939924l.jpg

Intel's ATX v3.0 PSU Standard Has More Power for GPUs, its made by Intel and also as evidence which has been already posted shows that it affects only cards were the power connector is not plugged in fully. The new 12VHPWR connector is described in detail in the ATX12V v3.0. This is the latest power standard. nVidia didn't choice it, they don't make the PSU power standards.

Meanwhile with the new amd cards as pointed out all are affected because its a design issue. They may have to recall.

Microsoft Unveils DirectX 12 Ultimate, Its Next-Generation API which is the new standard for making computer games.

GPUs labeled as supporting DirectX 12 Ultimate will offer the following capabilities:
DirectX Raytracing
Variable Rate Shading
Mesh Shaders
Sampler Feedback

Lets look at every new game.
Ray tracing games you can play right now:
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem
  • Amid Evil
  • Battlefield V
  • Battlefield 2042
  • Bright Memory
  • Bright Memory: Infinite
  • Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
  • Chernobylite
  • Chorus
  • Control
  • Crysis Remastered
  • Crysis Remastered Trilogy
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Deathloop
  • Deliver Us The Moon
  • Dirt 5
  • Doom Eternal
  • Dying Light 2
  • Everspace 2
  • F1 2021
  • F1 22
  • Far Cry 6
  • FIST: Forged In Shadow Torch
  • Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach
  • Fortnite
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Ghostrunner
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo
  • Gotham Knights
  • Godfall
  • Hell Pie
  • Hitman 3
  • Industria
  • Icarus
  • Jurassic World Evolution 2
  • Justice
  • JX Online 3
  • Lego: Builder's Journey
  • Loopmancer
  • Martha is Dead
  • Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Marvel's Midnight Suns
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Mechwarrior V: Mercenaries
  • Metro Exodus / Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition
  • Minecraft
  • Moonlight Blade
  • Mortal Shell
  • Myst
  • Observer: System Redux
  • Paradise Killer
  • Portal with RTX
  • Pumpkin Jack
  • Quake II RTX
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil 3
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Raji: An Ancient Epic
  • Ring Of Elysium
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Saints Row
  • Severed Steel
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Stay in the Light
  • Steelrising
  • Sword and Fairy 7
  • The Ascent
  • The Fabled Woods
  • The Medium
  • The Persistence
  • The Riftbreaker
  • The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
  • Turbo Sloths
  • Watch Dogs Legion
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood
  • World Of Warcraft: Shadowlands
  • Wrench
  • Xuan-Yuan Sword VII
More ray tracing games are always on the way, so below you'll find all the other upcoming ray tracirng games we currently know about. Some are old games getting new ray tracing updates, others are upcoming titles that haven't been released yet.

Ray tracing games on the way:
  • Atomic Heart
  • Boundary
  • Dying: 1983
  • Elden Ring (ray tracing update coming post-launch)
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Halo Infinite
  • Layers of Fears
  • Mortal Online 2
  • Ratten Reich
  • Ready Or Not
  • Skull and Bones
  • STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  • Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
  • Synced
  • The Day Before
  • The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  • Voidtrain
Now let normal people post without trolling them. We are not shilling for a company.

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
its made by Intel and also as evidence which has been already posted shows that it affects only cards were the power connector is not plugged in fully. The new 12VHPWR connector is described in detail in the ATX12V v3.0. This is the latest power standard. nVidia didn't choice it, they don't make the PSU power standards.
but i believe nvidia also had input on the connector.
" it affects only cards were the power connector is not plugged in fully." and that is a design flaw, NOT user error, considering how many cards have melted connectors.

of ALL of those games, i only play one. i may be an edge case, but, and i doubt, you will understand, why i still could care less about RT right now, its also possible that others play, or could play those games, and depending on the performance hit of RT, some may not even bother with it.

either way, there is no point in continuing this as you keep ignoring most of my posts, and only focus on parts of it, probably cause you have no argument, like upscaling for example

zx128k

Reputable
but i believe nvidia also had input on the connector.
" it affects only cards were the power connector is not plugged in fully." and that is a design flaw, NOT user error, considering how many cards have melted connectors.

of ALL of those games, i only play one. i may be an edge case, but, and i doubt, you will understand, why i still could care less about RT right now, its also possible that others play, or could play those games, and depending on the performance hit of RT, some may not even bother with it.

either way, there is no point in continuing this as you keep ignoring most of my posts, and only focus on parts of it, probably cause you have no argument, like upscaling for example

The standard that covers the connector is done by intel I believe. All new PSU's should support it. It just sucks that you have to be very careful about installing the cables correctly. I can see anyone making the mistake but its not anyone's fault if its not installed correctly I guess. I would 100% add a check for user error. These are expansive cards. The over heating GDDR6x vram is another story, hitting 110c in games. Totally fixable with replacement pads I have heard. Mine with that card and it was dead within 6 months, unless you replaced the pads.

Last edited: