AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Unboxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennyy Evony

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
I highly doubt the postman was thrilled about a plain box items usually get shipped in. Having labels or text on the box other than address is forbidden at post office. They simply would tell you to get an unmarked box for shipping purposes. Generally it is unwise to advertise contents of a package especially if its Tech. Those packages tend to disappear without getting to their destination.

InvalidError

Titan
I really hope this unboxing the boxes, unboxing the product, putting the product on a motherboard, showing the fans spin and RGB lighting turn on, etc. all with different embargo dates before the actual review all in separate coverage stories thing isn't going to become the norm. The intent is clearly to generate hype but the net effect for me feels more like stall burn-out - by the time the actual review comes out, I'm tired of hearing about it from redundant and only marginally relevant coverage.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Fata Morgana? I got no card in Germany. No chance. They simply forgot the rest of the world, also this unboxing NDA. I had to ask at Friday afternoon - and only after my question the EMEA PR was in heavier rotation. Too late for many media.

Yeah I only see one other major tech website with an "unboxing" preview out there (Tweaktown). Nothing from Anandtech and nothing from Guru3D.

EDIT: Guru3D just put it up. According to the hint there, looks like Monday is get out of NDA jail day for everyone being allowed to publish their full reviews!

peterf28

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
and I'm still waiting with my 560Ti 1gb , should have jumped on the gtx1060 train a year ago, but no, I am still waiting and waiting and waiting ..,,

Status
Not open for further replies.