AMD Radeon RX480 G1 Overheating/Bugging

Bangatello

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
Hey, I've bought the new GPU called "AMD Radeon RX480 G1" (8GB Ram) and when i started playing games, the GPU is getting to 100 degrees and its crashing, sometimes I dont know why is that happening but when its crashing this is what happends:

-i cant hear anything (Sounds from the game, Skype, Music and everything.)

-The screen turns into 1 color, in csgo its BLACK, in rust its BROWN etc.

-The computer is freezing

-Sometimes its just turning off.

My PC specs:
*8GB Ram

*Windows 10

*Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 3.50 GHz

*64 Bit

Can someone tell me how to fix that please?

Solution
I bought the same card. Same problem.

A bios update helped (mine is an XFX and they offer a "performance bios" setting on their site.)
Which runs the card like 10-15°c cooler because it uses more fan speed.

link : http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/support/bios-files

However I think in my case a PSU upgrade may be needed. When my case is open I don't get crashes. When I close it even with current bios it is crashing due to heat / power draw.
There's something wrong with your card. Either the cooler isn't functioning properly or there is a bad thermal paste application on it. Your best option is to simply return it and exchange it for another one, maybe something other than the Gigabyte G1 Gaming, as that model of the RX 480 isn't all that great. You could try applying new thermal paste yourself but doing so is likely to void the warranty.

SpYdR0

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
I bought the same card. Same problem.

A bios update helped (mine is an XFX and they offer a "performance bios" setting on their site.)
Which runs the card like 10-15°c cooler because it uses more fan speed.

link : http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/support/bios-files

However I think in my case a PSU upgrade may be needed. When my case is open I don't get crashes. When I close it even with current bios it is crashing due to heat / power draw.

Solution