[SOLVED] AMD Radeon rx5700 that doesn't work

Jan 12, 2020
There are so many things that are wrong...
  • Installing ANY driver results in BSOD inbetween 30 seconds and 30 minutes after being installed, with the message "video tdr failure, atikmpag.sys."
  • Tried AMD clean uninstall, nothing changed
  • Tried a DDU, nothing changed
  • Played LOL for an hour maybe without any driver, topping the 120 fps cap I set, suddenly going down to 10 fps at lowest settings
  • I can't see any details of the graphics card on HWMonitor
  • Tried starting the witcher (1), game doesn't even open because "Warning! Minimum system requirements not met!"
  • Tried starting minecraft, doesn't open either, "GLFW error 65542 WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL."
I'm not a tech guy, but what the hell?! This is what I'm greeted with, first time starting up the new PC?

Solution
I had similar issues with my RX 5700.
  1. when using DDU, make sure to tick the option to disable automatic windows driver updates, then install the latest recommended adrenaline drivers which I believe are 19.12.2 if I’m not mistaken
  2. Set it to PCIE 3.0 in the BIOS
  3. When installing adrenaline and it asks you to select a profile, select standard, as some or the activated features on the gaming profile cause many issues

these are what helped me. If you continue to have issues it might be worth to RMA the card if possible
Jan 12, 2020
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor
  • ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, Socket-AM4
  • ASUS Radeon RX 5700 ROG Strix OC
  • HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz (2X8GB)
  • Kingston A2000 250GB M.2 SSD
  • Corsair TX550M, 550W PSU

Right now there are two fans, the one that came along with the bundle I ordered, and the one built into the chassis.
But like I said above, I couldn't see the GPU on the monitor. The temperatures it did show though never exceeded 70 degrees celsius (150-ish fahrenheit?)

johnsoner13

Respectable
  1. when using DDU, make sure to tick the option to disable automatic windows driver updates, then install the latest recommended adrenaline drivers which I believe are 19.12.2 if I’m not mistaken
  3. When installing adrenaline and it asks you to select a profile, select standard, as some or the activated features on the gaming profile cause many issues

these are what helped me. If you continue to have issues it might be worth to RMA the card if possible

Solution
Jan 12, 2020
Thank you, I'll look into it