AMD Radeon Sapphire 7870 XT

TheDestiiX

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
I have a single 7870 XT that I want to hook up to 2 monitors. I have 2 HDMI cables that I want to use, how would I go about doing this? The back of my PC has 2 HDMI ports, one of which my current monitor is connected to and the other port doesn't seem to work?

Sorry if I sound noobish, this isnt quite my forte.

Solution

yes a converted cable will work

TheDestiiX

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
Well I guess technically neither of them are "monitors" but HDMI televisions. My current working one is an Insignia Model NS-LCD26-09 and the other that I am wanting to connect is an ILO 26-HD.

use only gpu ports..
your gpu has 2 display ports,1 hdmi,1 dvi

ILO 26-HD. has dvi option too

use a dvi cable and fit it from the gpu to the monitor..

TheDestiiX

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

I would assume a dvi to hdmi cable would work as well?

yes a converted cable will work

Solution

TheDestiiX

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
Okay I got a DVI to HDMI adapter and hooked everything together and now I am getting a "No Signal" on the HDMI input on the ilo 26-HD and my computer isn't detecting the display either. Now what?

is it a new cable? is it hdmi 1.4a?
the display isnt getting any input from the gpu

TheDestiiX

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Yeah I just bought it, the adapter is a "Full HD 1080p DVI to HDMI adapter Pro" Made by GE, the HDMI cable I have attatched works as confirmed by hooking it up to the current monitor I am using now. So its not the cable, and if I connect the DVI male adapter into the display and HDMI into the video card it works for the boot screen the quits soon after. I think it's the resolution, idk if the display will work.

its the display to blame.. its not accepting the resolution somehow .. very disappointing

TheDestiiX

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

I connected it to my wife's laptop and it works just fine at 1024 x 768 but won't work on that resolution on my desktop.

yes.. i hus said above.. its a resolution prob.. the display isnt accepting the resolution set to it