[SOLVED] AMD radeon settings lite before GPU update

Jun 9, 2021
Recently I planned to UPDATE my laptop's GPU driver (AMD Radeon Vega 8). Before that I already prepared DDU and AMD autodetect tool and all I need to do next is delete the GPU driver before installing the update. However, I found that there is an app called AMD Radeon Settings Lite which makes me confused.
-Do I need to uninstall this app before uninstall graphic driver or just leave it and delete the graphic driver instead using DDU?
-If I don't uninstall the app and proceed to updating, will AMD Radeon Adrenaline overwrite AMD Radeon Settings Lite ?
-Also, if I deleted the driver does the app get deleted as well?
-Does uninstall the app also uninstalls Vega 8 driver? If so, then that would be a trouble because I wanted to uninstall the driver using DDU not through the app.

Solution
DDU- Yes
AutoDetect- No

Manually locate the drivers for your AMD driven GPU and store it onto your desktop screen/space. After using DDU, reboot, then manually install the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for the rest of the tings that need a once over, make sure you're on the latest BISO version prior to the GPU upgrade. Also a good idea to make sure that your OS is up to date as well.

DDU takes care of removing everything.

Lutfij

Titan
DDU- Yes
AutoDetect- No

Manually locate the drivers for your AMD driven GPU and store it onto your desktop screen/space. After using DDU, reboot, then manually install the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for the rest of the tings that need a once over, make sure you're on the latest BISO version prior to the GPU upgrade. Also a good idea to make sure that your OS is up to date as well.

DDU takes care of removing everything.

Solution