AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.2 Fixes 'DiRT 4' Performance Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbit75

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
It is a shame putting specific optimizations in drivers for games. When you download the drivers you download 500Mb of optimizations for games, apps, benchamarks that you don't use.
15 years ago, it was cheating to put specific code in the drivers to enhance certain application.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Yep it may fix Dirt 4 problems but this driver broke the overclocking again on my 390x cards. On wed I installed the 17.6.1 beta's because it listed that the OC memory problems with the 390 series was finally fixed and you could use third party tuners without problems.

They were right the 17.6.1 beta's did indeed fix the OC problems and my cards finally were able to get to the speeds they did way back in Dec 2016.

So when 17.6.2 beta came out I installed those without worry thinking hey the problems was fixed in the last driver it just got to work. Yea right installed these drivers and all hell broke loose again. When I went to OC the cards I got the broken screen with weird lines then it went black and crashed the computer like it had done in the past. This was done with a clean install of the drivers like I always do.

So I went back to the 17.6.1 beta's and everything is working 100% again. WTH AMD if you fix something do not take that fix out in the next set of drivers. I was so happy you remembered us 200/300 owners and fixed a problem for all of us. The only thing I can think of is the 17.6.2 beta is from a different driver branch maybe and the fix is not in these newer/older drivers.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
When nVidia started doing it (optimizations) it was OK. NVidia makes the rules. Thats why flakey as shit beta drivers released bi weekly are accepted, celebrated even.

Remember when drivers were stable? AMD remembers.

alextheblue

Distinguished

Congrats after all that fussing you answered your own question.

Status
Not open for further replies.