[SOLVED] AMD Radeon software failure on New HP Victus laptop ?

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Hi, I have just set up my new HP Victus laptop which has an RTX 3060 GPU & AMD integrated graphics. I can use nVidia control panel to change between GPUs but the AMD software doesn't work. When I click to open it says:

'AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Warning:

The version of AMD software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver. A factory reset is recommended'.

Please can anyone advise if I need to worry & how to resolve this?

Thank you.

Solution
Thank you so much. Sorry to be a pain but what drivers do I need to download?
AMD Radeon Driver (22.5.2, dont go 22.6.1 since there is a bug)
AMD Chipset Driver from the link i gave above (ver 4.06.10)
Nvidia Geforce Notebook Driver

Installation should be offline so windows update wont interrupt the driver. The steps should be Uninstall all with DDU, Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel, Install AMD Chipset Driver first, dont reboot yet after it, then install Radeon Driver, and reboot after it, and install nvidia driver.
Hi, I have just set up my new HP Victus laptop which has an RTX 3060 GPU & AMD integrated graphics. I can use nVidia control panel to change between GPUs but the AMD software doesn't work. When I click to open it says:

'AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Warning:

The version of AMD software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver. A factory reset is recommended'.

Please can anyone advise if I need to worry & how to resolve this?

Thank you.
  1. Prepare both nvidia and radeon drivers
  2. Uninstall both amd driver first and nvidia driver using DDU (clean and do not restart)
  3. once it's done, install the radeon driver first (also update the chipset driver here) , reboot, then install nvidia driver

Reactions: OnlyAlex

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
  1. Prepare both nvidia and radeon drivers
  2. Uninstall both amd driver first and nvidia driver using DDU (clean and do not restart)
  3. once it's done, install the radeon driver first (also update the chipset driver here) , reboot, then install nvidia driver

Installation should be offline so windows update wont interrupt the driver. The steps should be Uninstall all with DDU, Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel, Install AMD Chipset Driver first, dont reboot yet after it, then install Radeon Driver, and reboot after it, and install nvidia driver.

Reactions: OnlyAlex
Solution

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021

Thank you.

Reactions: Koekieezz