[SOLVED] AMD Radeon Software settings

thatskuroo

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
Hi to everyone. I've been searching this for a while and I still don't get it so I wanted to ask more experienced guys.

Basically, talking about gpu, I have an Rx 570 4gb from Msi, I saw on the web a lot of benchmarks with my same exactly pc specs but I can notice the Fps are way different.
So the only thing I could've think about is my gpu driver, which version of the Adrenalin software is the optimal and what are the best settings for gaming?

Solution
Fire up GPUz and monitor frequency while you run something like FurMark (or your choice of program that applies a constant load on the GPU). Report back with results. It's pretty common to see power-throttling on RX570 / RX580 cards with stock/auto settings. I can help with that, but we need to establish a baseline.
If your FPS are significantly lower than some youtube video, consider the following:

• Were they using the same resolution & visual quality settings as you?
  • What CPU do they have? What CPU do you have?
  • Are you running a single stick of RAM (single channel)?
  • Is your GPU hitting the expected frequency, or is it power-throttling? or thermal throttling?
  • Are both benchmarks in offline gameplay (more repeatable) or online gameplay?
  • Driver version is a small factor, but could account for something, generally driver updates IMPROVE performance.

thatskuroo

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
Hi, thank you for your answer.

So all the videos I saw were in 1920x1080 resolution, I tried putting the same quality settings and even lower but there is this difference,
for example on Assassin's Creed Origins in the video runs at around 60fps with medium graphic settings and in my case I get around 50 with every setting to low.
And yeah, my doubt has arisen because my pc specs were the same as the video I saw:

-My Cpu is a Ryzen 5 3600 and the video too
-I'm running 8x2 gb ram on single channel because my motherboard only has 2 slots
-The benchmark were both on offline games like Ac and also Fortnite, Call of duty

About the Gpu, I actually don't know if the frequencies are good for it. I only see that it has good temperature around 70 and never getting to 80.

Ps: I recently updated my driver to the latest version and performance were really bad, so I re installed the previous version.

Last edited:
Fire up GPUz and monitor frequency while you run something like FurMark (or your choice of program that applies a constant load on the GPU). Report back with results. It's pretty common to see power-throttling on RX570 / RX580 cards with stock/auto settings. I can help with that, but we need to establish a baseline.

Solution