AMD Radeon Spahie R265x artifacts before loading the operator system at all

WorldDj

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
As the titles shows, AMD Radeon Saphire R265x artifacts are shown just when I open the computer, as 2 big vertical strips of red colors that are flickering, Windows doesn't load properly either and the only time it loaded properly I found no Graphics card driver in the pc Manager at all.

This has happened for 3 times so far and every time stuff goes back to normal on its own, but this time it didn't, any clue what is happening?!

Solution
it could be the PSU not giving enough power to the GPU. but the fact you still had artefacts in the other machine make me think it's the GPU.

it's the lowest common denominator. See how it goes. If begins to artefact again, then consider replacing it.
Sounds like your GPU is dying. Are you OC'ing it by any chance? If so maybe take the OC off and see if that impacts.

Try the obvious things first:

1. Take out GPU and re insert, making sure it's seated correctly.
2. When you take the GPU out, it's an opportunity to clean out fans etc, with can of compressed air.
3. Change cables and see if that makes a difference.
4. Uninstall drivers with DDU and do fresh clean install, see if that helps.

Please list your exact PC specs including PSU.

There are some other things to try, but look at those things above first, and report back.

WorldDj

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
I can't even make it to the operating system to install/try anything with the drivers, the only time it loaded the operating system, windows couldn't even read there is any drivers or graphics card inside (Which is super weird).

I re-inserted the GPU and tried to clean it, also I didn't OC it by any means it is the stock setting .

My pc specs:

processor: Intel® Core™ i3-4150 Processor
3M Cache, 3.50 GHz.

RAM: 8GB

VRAM (AMD Readeon): 2GB

Power supply 500WATT with cooler master k 218.

WorldDj

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
The built in gpu works so far, right now I am going to try the card in another pc. But when I uninstalled the amd drivers it managed to go to the operating system but still artifacts everywhere...

yeah, seems like there's a prob with the card. i expect if you try it in another PC you most likely will have the same result. If not though, then maybe try a bios update for your mobo, if you haven't already. It's unlikely it's a bios issue, but ive seen GPU issues resolved by updating it, so better to be sure.

Lastly then a re-install of windows, but again, I doubt it's a software issue. Could be though. Then you're left with two options. 1 RMA the card if it's in warranty. 2 Get a new GPU.

WorldDj

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
Weirdly enough now, I managed to replace it in another pc, without any drivers for AMD it managed to go and open windows, but still heavily artifacting, after I restarted it 4 times on this pc it went back to normal with no problems, then it also worked on the primary computer, I am confused what seems to be the problem can it be the power supply or any cable? but also it was damaged with the other pc (slightly better than the first one) and after couple restarts it went to normal?! Can it be any cable? or it is that the graphics card is dying already?

Also one of the fans makes some noises in the main pc but not on the other one...