AMD Radeon XFX RX 480 4GB for $140. Worth it?

Feb 5, 2019
Hi!
I currently have a Sapphire 280x which has been used for over 4 years as I remember and I'm looking for an upgrade.
Since the new gen AMD cards are coming up pretty soon I wanna wait until than but at the same time wanna play some of the upcoming games which are getting released pretty soon.as well
Games like Metro & Sekiro.

So I'm looking at the local market for some 2nd hand/good deal GPUs & I found 1 guy selling this for around $140.
So is this card worth for that price? He hasn't advertised if it's used or not but offering 6 months personal warranty.
Thanks!

Feb 5, 2019

My PSU is a FSP 80+ Gold 750W. It's also like 4 years old.
I've no clue whether it was used for mining. I haven't contacted the seller yet.
The thing is computer parts are pretty expensive where I live(Sri Lanka) in comparison. I'd say a used 580x is going for about $220-$250

Feb 5, 2019

Where I live the computer parts are not that cheap. Looking at the curreent deals in the local market this seems like a decent deal and since 580x isn't a big improvement over 480x I feel like going for this

ebay they go for under $120 as well. but if local is the only option and if thats the best local deal than go for it. for 1080p gaming its still a pretty great card.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Where do you live? In the US, this would be a pretty bad idea - $140 for a used 480 that could have been used for mining is a terrible value in a country in which you can get a new 580 for $180 now. That's why more information results in better answers!

Given how many mining cards there are out there used from the boom-bust cycle, I wouldn't buy any used card that was popular with miners without a price down somewhere around 50% of the price of a comparable new card. With more abused cards than normal out there, you have to price your risk higher than normally.