Question AMD RAM OC Trouble (Ryzen DRAM Calculator Issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2019
Before I descrive the Issue, here are my specs.
Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus TUF X570 pro wifi
corsair vengance lpx ddr4 3200mhz 8*2GB RAM (Samsung B-die, ver 4.32) CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Corsair cx750m
Vega 64
(all drivers and bios are up-to-date)
Okay so the issue persists when I import my XMP profile into Ryzen DRAM calculator I try to see if I can tighten my timings using the rated speed and I implement all settings and posting fails all the time. I have tried many things such as, lower frequency with tighter timings and vice versa, tried only using primary timings with bumped voltages (doing this has a weird result in which I have to reset CMOS to get a boot again instead of waiting for the system to get out of the boot loop). I have tried nearly everything I can by using research and I can't seem to find anything that works as my RAM is quite rare to work with as it's a Samsung B-die and you need to be extremely lucky to get your hands on them. Fortunately the previous RAM sticks were faulty so I got an RMA from corsair and it turns out the current ones im using are Samsung b-die, they're brand new so there is no way that the RAM is faulty. CPU works perfectly fine on an x570 chip set and XMP profile is able to boot however issues persist when playing games. I get terrible micro-stuttering and my game overall doesn't feel smooth at all. I disable XMP and it's smooth as ever, but my FPS drops dramatically. I'm so lost and I really need some advice and help with this. I have not tried to go beyond 1.4V on memory so maybe I should try that, there's a bunch things I can try but I don't want to ruin my system totally, so again I would really like some input on people who are experienced with this sort of thing on what I should do?

zx128k

Reputable
MemTestHelper/DDR4 OC Guide.md
https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/master/DDR4 OC Guide.md
AMD Ryzen Memory Tweaking & Overclocking Guide

Nov 28, 2019
MemTestHelper/DDR4 OC Guide.md
https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/master/DDR4 OC Guide.md
AMD Ryzen Memory Tweaking & Overclocking Guide
Thanks bud, still can’t get it to work however:(

Status
Not open for further replies.