[SOLVED] AMD ram or INTEL ram

Apr 12, 2020
Have you ever heard Amd Ram or Intel Ram ? I am gonna buy a new ddr3 ram, i found some cheaper model and there is some information like that "it just works for on amd system" is Amd system has special ram for your own? what can you about it?

RealBeast

Titan
Have you ever heard Amd Ram or Intel Ram ? I am gonna buy a new ddr3 ram, i found some cheaper model and there is some information like that "it just works for on amd system" is Amd system has special ram for your own? what can you about it?
Check the motherboard manufacturer support site and look at the memory compatibility QVL if you want to be sure that it will work.

If you cannot find it on the motherboard maker site, you can also find that information on the memory manufacturer websites.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Hi @ruudje

Nope. That just usually means that it's been tested to work with an AMD or Intel based system not that it only works with either or. Otherwise, any DDR3 within the specs that your mobo supports should work. Some RAM is a little different, such as DDR3L, which supports both 1.5v & 1.35v. What RAM are you specifically looking at and whats your mobo? We can check to verify or possibly make suggestions.