AMD Releases Adrenalin 18.1.1 Driver To Address DirectX 9 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this site make absolutely no mention of the extreme shortage and massive price hikes for graphics cards that have been going on in recent weeks? All mid to high-end GPUs in stock are priced around double what they were selling for last month, and in some cases around three times their launch price. Even the lower-end cards have substantially increased in price.

Tom's Hardware did the same thing last summer, when AMD cards skyrocketed in price, and they acted like the situation didn't exist for a month or so, until the shortage started significantly affecting Nvidia prices as well. Now, just as prices seemed to be recovering, the shortage suddenly takes off to new levels and becomes far worse than ever, and there's no mention of it here for weeks. It doesn't make much sense for someone to build a mid-range gaming system now unless they want to get ripped off for hundreds of dollars over list price. And that's not even getting into the ever-growing RAM prices and the not yet fully determined performance impact of the Spectre and Meltdown patches on various CPUs.

I've come to the conclusion that they probably don't want to scare off system builders from visiting their site, with any news that might imply that it's not a good time to be building or upgrading a gaming PC.

Burstaholic

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
"Protected video content may intermittently experience a freeze or hang during playback."

This actually caused the whole computer to freeze, making it impossible to do anything else while DRM-ed video was playing, like Netflix. Incredibly frustrating, glad it's fixed.

Neuspeed

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 24, 2007
So typical for AMD to fix a few things, but break others in the process. MSI after burner no longer works with new drivers, memory controller usage is not reported correctly, multi-GPU (4+) makes driver very unstable and settings applet crashes often.

ghryst

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
my system is still just crashing, screen goes green (no GSOD messages) and computer fails to respond.. today the screen has begun flickering black, and no games are playing.. netflix is open in the background, so if thats the problem, they obviiously still havent sorted that one out.
im a long time AMD fan, i loved it for years because of thier highly reliable hardware..traditionally much more reliable than nvidia.. now im starting to rethink that opinion

ghryst

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
- by "and no games are playing", i mean they not active programs right now, they do play quite well when i try :D in fact, gaming seems to be the only activity where a system crash does not occur .. im not even getting event logs after a crash, only a "system did not shut down properly" report which is generated on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.