AMD Releases Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3, Vulkan On Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCsean

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
"We had thought that AMD would be late to the party with support for the low-profile API, but the company appears to be in lock-step with the market as games featuring Vulkan seem to be right around the corner."

Why the hell would you guys think this? They were pretty much the first one who did low level apis in the GPU industry. Hello Mantle, and both DX12 and Vulkan pretty much based their code on Mantle.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
AMD-supported game wouldn't have Vulkan-support? Wheres the logic in that? They've probably had drivers for a long time, how would the devs be able to test their implementation otherwise? It's not a last-week effort.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Why would AMD be late with Vulkan? It's pretty much Mantle with things added to support nVidia gpus
Nvidia came out with a driver just to be the first with few days ahead and then pulled it out because system instability, my brother found the hard way about the driver on his GTX960.

Jcj0abb.jpg

And it`s not late at all, name 1 single game that is out, has Vulkan on it and you couldn`t play it till now, people are getting ridiculous with complains at AMD`s side at this moment.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
So --- DX12 or Vulcan? When can we expect the side-by-side?
all we need is a few of the big players to start using vulkan, and dx12 will become an afterthought. unfortunately, my library consists mostly of games that use direct x, which stinks.

Fluffy_Hedgehog

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
"We had thought that AMD would be late to the party with support for the low-profile API, but the company appears to be in lock-step with the market as games featuring Vulkan seem to be right around the corner. "

I am smelling a lot of anti amd bias lately in the articles here ... has nvidia sent around a couple of gameworks-bunnies to bring you cookies ... or maybe do your hair? *cough*

Roberto-NM

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Does this driver's Vulkan support passes the conformance test?
Wow! What's up with all the downvotes? This was a genuine question because las time I checked their beta driver's Vulkan implementation didn't pass the conformance test.

I looked it up at home later on and the answer is no but "[it] is expected to pass".

From amd's driver support pages:

"(1)Product is based on the Vulkan 1.0 Specification and has been submitted to, and is expected to pass, the Khronos Conformance Process. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance. Vulkan™ and the Vulkan™ logo are trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.?"

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
With the 16.2 drivers I had a registry file corrupt and caused things to be slow. Then I rolled back. It worked until the next drivers when the WHQL drivers were also slow. I ran a disk chk using cmd prompts and it fixed the issue without a hitch on most recent driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.