News AMD reportedly delays B840 and B850 motherboards to early 2025 — only X870 and X870E will launch in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Then they can use B650 which is what they would likely do anyway on a budget.

Even some occasional sales on X670 boards lately that will certainly be a first choice over a new chipset with the only major improvement being guaranteed USB 4 and PCIe 5.0.

Maybe they will come out with the x3d at the same time?
I definitely see that happening. AMD is going to delay the 9000-X3D chips a bit more - probably even into next year. I'm okay with that if it addresses some recent vulnerabilities discovered for AMD chips.

My desired pairing is 9800X3D + X870 board. I'm hoping X870 will have been proven to be rock-solid with its release late Sept, but if not, maybe new AGESA fixes will be in by Jan/Feb 2025.

Reactions: rluker5

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
I definitely see that happening. AMD is going to delay the 9000-X3D chips a bit more - probably even into next year. I'm okay with that if it addresses some recent vulnerabilities discovered for AMD chips.

My desired pairing is 9800X3D + X870 board. I'm hoping X870 will have been proven to be rock-solid with its release late Sept, but if not, maybe new AGESA fixes will be in by Jan/Feb 2025.
That sounds like a worthwhile upgrade. Hopefully the improvements are even more pronounced when paired with that big cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.