[SOLVED] AMD Rig with Nvidia GPU ?

Sep 22, 2020
I am building a new AMD Rig and I like these EVGA Hybrid GPU's the GTX 1070 ($635.00 Newegg). Will this Pair nice with my Ryzen 5 (3600)X , Asus B550-E Rog Strix gaming mobo?

Thanks

Solution
Great Thanks. I don't have the EVGA yet so I am wondering if the B550 mobo and ATX mid tower is to small for that GPU or should I go for the bigger X570 mobo same Asus config E-gaming and a Full Size ATX case....?
A "bigger" motherboard is not required. You just need a PCIe X16 slot for the GPU. The B550 is good to go.

What make/model case are you considering? That could be an issue.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Great Thanks. I don't have the EVGA yet so I am wondering if the B550 mobo and ATX mid tower is to small for that GPU or should I go for the bigger X570 mobo same Asus config E-gaming and a Full Size ATX case....?
A "bigger" motherboard is not required. You just need a PCIe X16 slot for the GPU. The B550 is good to go.

Solution
Sep 22, 2020

Good Question not sure ,I am only looking to budget only up to $100.00 on a case, I am looking at Fractal , Corsair or maybe Phanteks Mid Tower???

Sep 22, 2020
The mobo is fine just make sure your case is big enough so it can have good airflow...
The mobo is fine just make sure your case is big enough so it can have good airflow...
Just make sure it's good for the case. Other than that it looks good
great Thanks
Where do you intend to order your case from?
well I am in no hurry this is just a hobby for me. I am hoping to order on the cyber monday sale and probably from PCPartPicker.

Sep 22, 2020
PCPartPicker doesn't sell parts, but points you to sites that do. Check out the Fractal Design I referenced earlier. Nice case. Very flexible.
oh right Sorry, Will do ,Thanks you so much , I am putting my parts list together looking at Newegg also. I just thought Pc Picker gave the venders with the best prices... kind of new at this

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I am building a new AMD Rig and I like these EVGA Hybrid GPU's the GTX 1070 ($635.00 Newegg). Will this Pair nice with my Ryzen 5 (3600)X , Asus B550-E Rog Strix gaming mobo?

Thanks
Your getting a 1070 for 635 bones. More like the 2080 for that price range. Are you in a different country and what not? You can get the new 3080 for 70 bucks more my friend.🤷‍♀️☮🖐🙏🙈