Question AMD RMA: Wraith Stealth

nazkas

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
So, I recently got a Ryzen 5 2600, mount on a Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming and the cooler fan makes a high frequency electric noise, which annoys me.

I have contacted AMD's warranty service (I sent them a video) and they have told me they will send me a new one and, here comes the crux of the matter, and I quote literally, 'after you receive the new replacement HSF, please kindly send the defective HSF to the warehouse'.

So, do I really have to send the defective one to the Netherlands, which will cost me about 10€? Shouldn't I just get a thrid party brand new cooler which would work better?

Anyone have any experience on this matter?

Thanks and excuse my English.

Mr.Spock

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
if they didn't ask for a credit card #, then you're on the "honor system".
I'd wait for a Staples free shipping coupon or something to pop up in that case.

Note: when they ship loaners out for the Ryzen bios updates - they never asked for the coolers back

So, I recently got a Ryzen 5 2600, mount on a Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming and the cooler fan makes a high frequency electric noise, which annoys me.

I have contacted AMD's warranty service (I sent them a video) and they have told me they will send me a new one and, here comes the crux of the matter, and I quote literally, 'after you receive the new replacement HSF, please kindly send the defective HSF to the warehouse'.

So, do I really have to send the defective one to the Netherlands, which will cost me about 10€? Shouldn't I just get a thrid party brand new cooler which would work better?

Anyone have any experience on this matter?

Thanks and excuse my English.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS