nazkas

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
So, I recently got a Ryzen 5 2600, mount on a Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming and the cooler fan makes a high frequency electric noise, which annoys me.

I have contacted AMD's warranty service (I sent them a video) and they have told me they will send me a new one and, here comes the crux of the matter, and I quote literally, 'after you receive the new replacement HSF, please kindly send the defective HSF to the warehouse'.

So, do I really have to send the defective one to the Netherlands, which will cost me about 10€? Shouldn't I just get a thrid party brand new cooler which would work better?

Anyone have any experience on this matter?

Thanks and excuse my English.

if they didn't ask for a credit card #, then you're on the "honor system".
I'd wait for a Staples free shipping coupon or something to pop up in that case.

Note: when they ship loaners out for the Ryzen bios updates - they never asked for the coolers back

So, I recently got a Ryzen 5 2600, mount on a Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming and the cooler fan makes a high frequency electric noise, which annoys me.

I have contacted AMD's warranty service (I sent them a video) and they have told me they will send me a new one and, here comes the crux of the matter, and I quote literally, 'after you receive the new replacement HSF, please kindly send the defective HSF to the warehouse'.

So, do I really have to send the defective one to the Netherlands, which will cost me about 10€? Shouldn't I just get a thrid party brand new cooler which would work better?

Anyone have any experience on this matter?

Thanks and excuse my English.

TRENDING THREADS