AMD RX 480 4GB driver failure

Mar 29, 2018
GPU: RX 480 4GB
Desktop
Windows 10 64bit
Radeon Software Version
18.2.1 Adrenalin
1080p monitors, I think they're 60HZ but not entirley sure, they're a little old.
i5 7400 3.00GHZ
8GB ram

This started with my PC BSODing and stating a power driver failure. I had issues with not being on the most recent driver for my GPU in the past. I updated, and it worked. My games ran smoothly and I got high fps. I started to notice, in Rainbow 6 specifically, my frames would drop and it would become less smooth every time I opened it. But if I reinstall my GPU driver, it runs smooth agian. Now it's at the point to where I have to reinstall my GPU driver every time I wanna play because it will either run like crap or BSOD the second I try to open it. Other, less intensive games like Sea of Thieves or Overwatch will run fine but will still see the drop in frames and smoothness over time. More intensive games like PUBG or Fallout 4 on high settings also run fine with some issues over time since the reinstall. I've tried taking my card out and putting it back in. I've tried deleting all mention of AMD from my computer, all instances of drivers and all information of past drivers, completely uninstalled the device, ran DDU in safe mode to remove all mention of drivers but it keeps doing it. I've checked all my other drivers and they're all up to date. I know it's not the other drivers, it's so obviously the GPU but I thought I'd still check. I don't think it's switching to integrated graphics, that's not in my display drivers and if it was running off motherboard integrated graphics wouldn't I be at like 10FPS on high settings in rainbow 6? I don't even know how to check to see if that's what's happening but I don't think that's it. I work in IT and I'm at my wit's end. Maybe I'm just stupid and not seeing the problem, that's always a possibility but I've been dealing with this for a while now and can't afford to switch to nvidia at this time.

Mar 29, 2018

I'm not 100% but I'm thinking this worked. I ran through the steps, rebooted and queued into an R6 game and everything was smooth. Rebooted again and it was still smooth. I won't know for sure until I come home and try it again tomorrow but I'm kinda hopeful.

you're awesome dude, I was about to give up. Thank you sir.

I'll be sending some feedback to AMD letting them know they're trash and should probably stop making graphics card and graphic software.