[SOLVED] AMD RX 550 GPU causing flashing black screen in Adobe After Effects & Sony Vegas ?

Nov 3, 2021
before this error gave even in games, but now it stopped and it only happens in Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects & I don't know why...(If anyone can explain it to me).
I did 2 tests , the first test I uninstalled all amd video card drivers from scratch
And I went to open the program repair at the beginning of the video and I press the right mouse button and it doesn't show the radeon symbol, because I uninstalled all the drivers
No video drivers installed
View: https://vimeo.com/554927087
It worked normal notice that at the end of the video, the image appears in the after effects and can be edited by moving it so everything is ok.
Then I decided to install the most recent amd driver , I installed normal , restarted the pc and that was it
I went to open the after effects program after having installed the latest amd driver

Look at the beginning of the video I press the right mouse button and the radeon symbol appears, which means that the video card driver is installed.
With video drivers installed
View: https://vimeo.com/554927256
So I went to open the program and the black screen starts flashing and the program is already having problems

So I'll try to open the program again
And when this is not the case, the screen blinks, and the program opens normally, I put an image or video that does not appear in the program.
Precisely because the screen blinked, if it hadn't blinked, the program would be working normally.
View: https://vimeo.com/554927272
Before to be able to stop this, I used the msi afterburner to decrease the clock, and the program worked normally, but now not even afterburne is solving anymore.
I have formatted the computer 3 times , even so it continues , there are people who say that it can be several possibilities , but I do not know ....

What can someone help me:?
what can I do?

Windows 10
i5 2310
8gb ram
amd rx 550 2gb ddr5
HD 500gb
ssd 240 kingston
Hoopson 550watt

Solution
The RX550 is not a power-hungry card.

That said, while I can't speak to the 550w version, the Hoopson FNT-400W PSU has this on the label side:

152c36c8-04ea-4b72-bc71-896b766779b8-jpg.118055

If the 550W is similar, it probably produces only about 400-450W on the 12V rail. NORMALLY, that should be enough.

BUT... for the 400.

Only 312W total available on the 12V rail for a PSU advertised as 400W.
No 80 Plus rating at all.

This suggests to me either an ancient PSU, or at least one based off an ancient design, and one of low quality and low efficiency.

Are you in Brazil? My searching suggests that the Hoopson is generally available there.

While it may not solve your problem...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

That said, while I can't speak to the 550w version, the Hoopson FNT-400W PSU has this on the label side:

If the 550W is similar, it probably produces only about 400-450W on the 12V rail. NORMALLY, that should be enough.

BUT... for the 400.

This suggests to me either an ancient PSU, or at least one based off an ancient design, and one of low quality and low efficiency.

Are you in Brazil? My searching suggests that the Hoopson is generally available there.

While it may not solve your problem, just as a safety measure, I'd recommend getting a higher quality PSU. Note that, while 80 Plus Bronze, Gold, etc., represent efficiency, they don't always correspond to higher quality.

The first two links in my signature offer recommendations. But, if my guess is right about your location, not everything mentioned in those links may be available in your region.

Solution
Nov 3, 2021

BUT... for the 400.

While it may not solve your problem, just as a safety measure, I'd recommend getting a higher quality PSU. Note that, while 80 Plus Bronze, Gold, etc., represent efficiency, they don't always correspond to higher quality.

The first two links in my signature offer recommendations. But, if my guess is right about your location, not everything mentioned in those links may be available in your region.
Yes I live in Brazil, my font I'm using is this
https://ibb.co/tJPT48F

But if you think the problem is the source, why only happen when I open editing programs like after effects or sony vegas?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes I live in Brazil, my font I'm using is this
https://ibb.co/tJPT48F

But if you think the problem is the source, why only happen when I open editing programs like after effects or sony vegas?
I can't be certain - although I imagine if they put a sudden high load on the system, then that also puts a sudden high load on the PSU.

The PSU is a safety device. It should be able to provide clean, stable power. If something should go wrong, it should also protect your equipment.

Good PSUs, if they die, will not take other components out with them. Bad PSUs can also damage other components, or possibly catch fire.

Still, can I be 100% sure that this is the problem? No. However, I strongly suspect that it is at least contributing to the problem.

Nov 3, 2021
I can't be certain - although I imagine if they put a sudden high load on the system, then that also puts a sudden high load on the PSU.

The PSU is a safety device. It should be able to provide clean, stable power. If something should go wrong, it should also protect your equipment.

Good PSUs, if they die, will not take other components out with them. Bad PSUs can also damage other components, or possibly catch fire.

Still, can I be 100% sure that this is the problem? No. However, I strongly suspect that it is at least contributing to the problem.
ok, i have to buy a good quality font, to see that the problem is solved.