[SOLVED] Amd rx 6600(MSI) exceeds boost speeds

Hi,
Just got hold of a Rx 6600 from Msi (Msi Mech 2x OC 8G) and its advertised boost speed is 2491Mhz but sometimes in heavy load scenarios I see it hitting way above that @2690Mhz ish.
Is this normal behaviour for AMD RDNA2 ?
Should I worry much as the card is only 1.5days old.
Drivers are latest Optional to add support for Newer games.

Last edited:
Solution
It's normal for a few generations of GPUs now.

The advertised boost clock is what is guaranteed and the real can be much higher than that. If there is a thermal and power headroom, it will autoboost till one of the two is reached.

Of course the silicon does also play a role for the outcome but it's fairly certain to get higher (than advertised) boost clocks with all silicons.

For example my GPU says it reaches 1905MHz core clock while I have reached 2100Mhz while gaming.

The advertised boost clock is what is guaranteed and the real can be much higher than that. If there is a thermal and power headroom, it will autoboost till one of the two is reached.

Of course the silicon does also play a role for the outcome but it's fairly certain to get higher (than advertised) boost clocks with all silicons.

For example my GPU says it reaches 1905MHz core clock while I have reached 2100Mhz while gaming.

Solution

Nice. Also heaven benchmark average fps fluctuates in 0.5 range. Its normal I think.

Reactions: dotas1