Question AMD RX 6700 XT driver issues with the new driver.

Sylveous

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
The 22.11.2 AMD driver has consistently somehow corrupted itself or something for me, since i installed it. Basically what happens is randomly, the driver stops working correctly, and games like overwatch and red dead and other things suddenly stop even recognizing i have a graphics card and either dont work at all or have serious issues working. The only fix is for me to reinstall it each time. I've never had this issue on any other driver version, and when i downgrade, it works just fine. That said, i can't exactly downgrade to play some games i want to play, like warzone , which literally require this particular driver to even launch.

The reason i say it corrupts is because i cant even change my resolution on my display settings in my actual windows settings. Its straight up greyed out on the resolution and display orientation parts.

I guess my question is, is there any sort of fix for this or am i missing something and just doing this wrong.

My specs are a 6700 xt GPU, a ryzen 7 5800x CPU, 32gb of ram xmp clocked at 3200, a samsung evo m.2 for the main drive, and a 650 watt PSU, and a asus TUF b550 gaming motherboard.

Reactions: RatPizza
Jan 13, 2023
I am having the exact same problem with my Ryzen 6700 XT. My GPU shuts off or something and I get error "code 31" - device not working properly... Windows cannot load drivers... I already tried using ddu to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer. I am hoping someone finds a solution.

I agree with ohio_buckeye. For the time been, I would go back to previous version if its working fine for you.

And keep an eye on news about, theres nothing official yet, but nothing wrong in keeping and eye on it: