News AMD RX 6700 XT Lands on Steam Survey as CPU Share Edges Up

artk2219

Distinguished
Thats the real question, how many of these cards ended up in the hands of miners, because they're obviously not making it to the hands of gamers :-/. Reminds me of the RX 480 launch, they were great mid range gamers for a fair price. But they were launched in the middle of a crypto boom so people bought the GTX 1060 instead since it was available, it took a long time for the RX 480 and then the 580 to have a presence on the steam hardware survey.

Last edited:

dennphill

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
So one of these ended up in my hands after continually searching NewEgg's Shuffles (always unsuccessful), Amazon, B&H, AMD's website, Zotac, etc. (Wasted several months of my time in early-late Spring trying to complete a new build with a new Lian Li case and ASUS B550M and a Ryzen 5-5600X.) Finally, just lucky (?) snagged - between the miners and bots - on Amazon a PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 listed at $1,029.99. I swallowed hard - but because I could afford to pay the price - decided to 'get on with my life' and I put it in my cart and checked out! It's in my new build - more GPU than I wanted or needed, but, well, it's red and it works OK. (Have yet to visit Steam, so I'm not one of the 0.11%.)

Reactions: artk2219