The board's temperatures are very high. During games in 2k or 4k with ultra settings. And using 90% 100% of the board the temperatures reach 90 degrees. Overcoming the 100 hotspots. The PC turns off completely by itself. I have a 750 watt psu corsair. Intel i5 9600k and ram 16 gb.
Yes I'm using the reference gpu of AMD. Fans work fine. I tried the card in my older PC. On shadow of tomb raider ultra settings 4k. Temperature 87 degrees gpu and 104 degrees in hotspots. But it worked without PC shutdown. Could it be the power supply? Perhaps warm temperatures are normal for this card.? I use good ventilation system and the CPU does not exceed 60 degrees under stress
Amd sent me a long procedure to do to fix the drivers. Now the situation seems ok. At least it seems. Unfortunately, the card has many incompatibilities with programs to monitor temperatures. Amd advises against using them.
• Update the Bios via the manufacturer's support page.
• Update the driver chipset via the manufacturer's support page.
• If you were to use Windows 10, we ask you to urgently update the system, including minor updates and the May 2019 update
Only after completing these three steps above and after the necessary system restarts do we advise you to continue with the instructions below.
• The automatic installation of the Windows driver must be disabled (Go to "Control panel -> System and security -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Hardware tab -> Device installation settings").
To perform a clean installation using Display Driver Uninstaller, follow this procedure:
1) Download the Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.2 driver package and save it on your PC.
2) Download the DDU application from ¨ Download Locations¨ found at the bottom of the page and save it on your PC. Note DDU is not an AMD application. For more information, see the program documentation. This may be subject to other terms of the license agreement. He will have to use it under his supervision and responsibility.
3) Start Windows in Safe Mode. If it is not possible to start in safe mode, continue with the instructions.
4)Start the DDU program to completely remove the installed graphics drivers. It is highly recommended to select the "Clean and restart" option. Follow the instructions and restart in normal mode when prompted.
5) Then locate the C folder: Program Files AMD and manually delete all the subfolders you can see here.
6)Install the drivers downloaded in the first step. Click the Accept button and install the license terms and conditions. Follow the instructions displayed until the installation is complete. Restart the computer when prompted.
7) I add and recommend the uninstallation of third-party software such as MSI AfterBurner or similar because they could create problems for the proper functioning of the hardware and could return untrue values.
8) use the WattMan profile from the Radeon settings to get real temperature information.
I hope it can be useful. Follow the procedure exactly as written and you should have no problems. now the temperatures do not exceed 60-70 big even in 4K in WattMan profile. don't use other apps to monitor, they can make changes in the drivers of the card that lead to different problems.