[SOLVED] AMD RX580 Huge Usage% Fluctuations

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,

I have i7 4790
Sapphire rx580 8gb special edition running at 1480mhz..
PSU thermaltake 730w smart SE

Im noticing huge usage % fluctuations which gaming and benching 0% - 100% which is affecting gaming smoothness and fps drops.

Temps are fine.
Bios is updated.
Used DDU and tried multiple drivers.
All windows settings are set to performance.
AMD chill is disabled.

What else to do?

Solution
What are some of your gpu benchmark scores? I notice this is normal on my 480. It goes 100% and down low back and forth a lot, but if I'm gaming hard I will see long stretches at 100%, so you aren't even seeing that right? Can you get any stretches like this?

When you bench it's showing up in the bottom %? Did this use to not happen and now it does or did you just get it and it's like this from start? Nothing pops out, just trying to brainstorm

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
What are some of your gpu benchmark scores? I notice this is normal on my 480. It goes 100% and down low back and forth a lot, but if I'm gaming hard I will see long stretches at 100%, so you aren't even seeing that right? Can you get any stretches like this?

When you bench it's showing up in the bottom %? Did this use to not happen and now it does or did you just get it and it's like this from start? Nothing pops out, just trying to brainstorm

Solution
Sep 30, 2018
Hi t99, thanks for the reply. I was playing assassins creed odyssey, but other games are running ok. I scored 17k in firestrike which is great for the card. So i assume the game is badly optimized.

I played overwatch for an hour which is gpu intensive and usage was 100% most of times.