Question AMD RX580 - - - - No signal from HDMI or DisplayPort ?

nk01uk

Prominent
Jul 22, 2020
Hi folks,
Custom PC with RX 580 connected via HDMI to Samsung 4K UHD smart tv. Everything was fine yesterday but today I get no signal on TV. I tried a different HDMI cable from my PS4 which worked fine on all 3 HDMI ports on TV & PS4, but wouldn't work on my gpu.
I took out the RX 580 & gave it a quick dust down & still no signal. I reset the TV hoping that it would scan the HDMI inputs & find the signal from the PC but alas no joy.
I am at a loss. I see that the RX 580 has 3 DM Port & 1 HDMI so I bought a DisplayPort to HDMI cable (4K DP to HDMI). But after tring all 3 Display ports still no signal. I can't figure out what could have changed.
I would be 100% greatful if anyone can help...

PC Specs:

-Bitfenix Formula Series 550W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply.
-AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core 4.2GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail.
-MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard.
-Team Group Vulcan TUF Gaming Alliance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit Black.
-PowerColor Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express GPU
-WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5" SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive (WDS500G2B0A)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
So TV and videos cables are all proven to work separate from the RX580.

And the system (motherboard and CPU) as I read the specs does not support integrated graphics - correct?

Do you have another motherboard slot in which to test the RX 580?

Or another known working computer to test the RX 580?

That Bitfenix Formula Series 550W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply - how old? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, even bit-mining?

Reactions: nk01uk

nk01uk

Prominent
Jul 22, 2020
Hi Ralston18,

Many thanks for the reply & sorry for not getting back to you.
To cut a long story short I ordered a displayport to HDMI Cable & I removed the CMOS battery & waited 5 mins. After starting up again the new cable worked perfectly. The old HDMI cable also worked. I updated all the drivers from AMD & evrything is running ok. Well at least until today. I had the PC on for 10 mins shut down & when I came back to put the PC I had the same problem of no signal either from HDMI or from the displayport cable.
I once again removed the CMOS battery & hey presto everything back up & working again.
Surely removing the CMOS battery is not the answer?? There must be an issue somewhere. I will try the RX580 in a different PC to see if I have the same issue & the Bitfenix Formula Series 550W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply is less than 6 months old & I don't go overboard with gaming or video editing.

I would really appreciate any advice you can offer.

TRENDING THREADS