News  AMD Ryzen 1000 CPU Spotted Running on X570 Motherboard

The caveat is that working does not mean supported. AMD could still list it as not supported but it might still. This has happened before. The core unlocking was originally not supported by AMD at all and was just a feature that motherborad vendors used to help sell boards.

SethNW

Reputable
Jul 27, 2019
I don't think dropping support on X570 for 1st gen is huge deal. What matters most is that you can use old board with newer CPU. Since I doubt there will be that many people considering buying X570 with 1st gen Ryzen today. Plus 2nd gen is relatively cheap as well. So it was very niche problem to begin with. Especially with price discrepancy between X570 and 1st gen Ryzen. Like if you are on that tight budget, you likely won't be getting X570 motherboard.

I don't think dropping support on X570 for 1st gen is huge deal. What matters most is that you can use old board with newer CPU. Since I doubt there will be that many people considering buying X570 with 1st gen Ryzen today. Plus 2nd gen is relatively cheap as well. So it was very niche problem to begin with. Especially with price discrepancy between X570 and 1st gen Ryzen. Like if you are on that tight budget, you likely won't be getting X570 motherboard.

There are some actually decent priced X570 boards now

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813157884

So its not a stretch to say someone would buy the X570 board with a first gen Ryzen to upgrade to a 3rd or 4th gen Ryzen at a later date.

Not that I would recommend buying the cheapest boards out there, typically if you buy that high of a chipset spend the cash and get a good one. Cheap ones are normally cheap for a reason.

SethNW

Reputable
Jul 27, 2019
There are some actually decent priced X570 boards now

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813157884

So its not a stretch to say someone would buy the X570 board with a first gen Ryzen to upgrade to a 3rd or 4th gen Ryzen at a later date.

Not that I would recommend buying the cheapest boards out there, typically if you buy that high of a chipset spend the cash and get a good one. Cheap ones are normally cheap for a reason.

Exactly, I also wouldn't recommend dirt cheap X570 boards. And beyond that, only advantage you really get is option of PCI-e 4.0, which is nice, but you will only get it if you upgrade to 3rd gen Ryzen and also fairly niche need for now. And even then decent X470 board would be cheaper, if good B450 board doesn't have features you need. But I would see X470 or B450 far more realistic pairing for 1st gen buyer. Unless you do really specific work related workloads that do benefit from PCI-e 4.0. And users who will save on CPU to thst extent really won't be early 8k adopters, provided 8k will push to the limit of PCI-e 3.0. Most will likely jump to newer platform before PCI-e 4.0will be required for them. Just saying.

Sep 13, 2019
okay but will new microcode actually affect 1xxx series if ran on x570 boards? I honestly am kinda bummed they didnt talk about real world performance of such pair.

Sep 13, 2019
i mean it's amd, you never know lol, show me where u could flash different bios on nvidia gpu to unlock more horsepower, none but you could do it with amd.