AMD Ryzen 1600X offset temp

RockerM3

Honorable
Oct 11, 2016
I know that it has the +20ºC offset temperature, it's 51ºC on idle and my fan has a TDP of 130W so my question is: even though the temp is really high, is there any risk at all? Like getting too hot and turning off my computer or stuff like that

Thanks!

RockerM3

Honorable
Oct 11, 2016

The tool is HWMonitor and I know the Ryzen Master software will display the actual temperature but the thing is that it only works on Win10 and I don't have it installed.

jr9

Estimable
There are factors like airflow, what cooler you use, and TDP all effecting your temps. 51C is a touch high. You don't have to worry about your temps being an issue until you start getting temps past 80C or so under load (gaming, encoding, things like that).

RockerM3

Honorable
Oct 11, 2016

I didn't understand, did he turn off the offset in some way? Or how did he solve it?

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
I don't think you can turn it off.
I'm pretty sure he said the latest version of AIDA64 accounts for the offset and shows the right temp, or its an option within AIDA64 settings.
If the program you use doesn't account for the offset just remember to always subtract 20c from the shown temp and that will be the actual cpu temp.

TRENDING THREADS