[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 2200G Display Issue (artifacts)

Feb 11, 2019
Good morning,

I have been having a problem with my integrated graphics from AMD. I will copy and paste the issue from the AMD emails that I have been going back and forth with.

My system specifications are:
AMD Ryzen 2200G
ASUS Prime B450-Plus
Cosair Vengeance 16GB Ram (model CMK16GX4M2A2400C16)
IPSG 240GB I PRO SSD DRIVE
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
ASUS PCE-AC88 WiFi card.

This is a direct copy from the latest email to AMD about the problem:

"Good morning,

I followed step by step on removing all drivers and software for a clean install by using DDU Utility.

I also disconnected the J5Create JUA365 Display adapter and removed all of its software and drivers.

When completing just the reinstallation of the AMD Radeon 19.1.1 drivers and software using the provided installation package, the image quality on the monitor degrades after restarting. This is before I even get a chance to reinstall the JUA365 Display adapter or it's drivers and software.

When I completely uninstall the Radeon 19.1.1 again using the DDU Utility and let Windows 10 (home edition) assign a generic driver from Windows Update, the image on the monitor clears up and no longer has any issues or artifacts. Currently, I have left the computer running just the generic Microsoft driver.

I believe that the root issue is software based on the AMD Radeon 19.1.1 driver and software andwill be attempting a full, clean reinstallation of Windows 10 to completely start fresh to see if this path clears up the problem.

I have attached an cellphone image of the problem displayed on my monitor.

Any additional insight and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike"

Any ideas or solutions to this problem that AMD may not be offering?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G9wpBiHiWBkDSiJA6

Solution
That is memory corruption. Go to the BIOS/UEFI and set the RAM speeds and timings to a default and safe value, see if it's happening still and start tweaking from there.

The second, less likely option, is your port is just broken. Have you tried using that monitor in another PC?

Cheers!
That is memory corruption. Go to the BIOS/UEFI and set the RAM speeds and timings to a default and safe value, see if it's happening still and start tweaking from there.

The second, less likely option, is your port is just broken. Have you tried using that monitor in another PC?

Cheers!

Solution
Feb 11, 2019
Good Afternoon Yuka,

Thank you for the recommendation. I followed it and changed the default RAM speed from its native 2400 MHz to 1366 MHz. Those artifacts have definitely gone away. I will slowly (and I mean slowly) raise the RAM speed (didnt touch the timings at all) up to the maximum speed that doesnt have this corruption showing.

I have 4 different monitors and two separate TVs that I have tried with the same problem. Even have connected a 4K TV that was borrowed to see if it would go away at different resolutions. It remained.

Thanks again Yuka.