AMD Ryzen 2600, 1070ti Low GPU and CPU Usage + Performance

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018
For a while I have been wondering why my system is receiving troubles with fps and CPU and GPU usage. I usually receive 30 - 40% usage in CPU and GPU. I don't believe I am bottle necking because of my parts and further research. I just need a general idea of what is actually happening and if it is my problem, its an urgent mater and so far I haven't found any relevant information. The only game I usually play is fortnite and I play 1080 x 1080 on all low settings and average below 144 FPS in online matches when I should be averaging over 144 easily. Also, I have tried playing other resolutions and fps is still the same. BIOS is updated (No Change), Drivers Fully Updated For Every Spec (No Change) I'm generally Looking for someone that specializes in this subject but any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with Wraith Stealth
ASRock AB350M HDV Motherboard
Cooler Master MWE-500 80 Plus 500W Power Supply
Geforce Gtx 1070 Ti
Kingston HyperX Fury HX426C16FB2K2/16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black
Samsung SSD 860 Evo 250GB
PC is constantly cleaned and fortnite is the only game i have on my PC.

Thanks

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

No I mean 1080 x 1080 because it is a stretched resolution and it provides fps boost and personally looks better, it is pretty consistent but its still low, and I limit my frames to 144fps but it still drops a lot and it does fluctuate as it is a battle royale

Do you have any other software installed on your computer that's capable of doing this? Such as RTSS (usually distributed with MSI Afterburner), or maybe something in nVidia Control Panel such as Fast for Vertical Sync?

I'm just wondering if you have something interfering with the built in frame rate limiter.

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

i have nothing on my computer except fortnite and common programs every program has nothing to do with interfering with my computer except msi afterburner which is used to control my fans for my gpu but i only installed msi afterburner no other programs with it so im 99% sure there is nothing interfering with the built in frame rate limiter.

Did RTSS get installed with MSI Afterburner?

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

i have checked once again all my programs and throughout my files and see no RTSS program is there anywhere else i should look?

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

when installing programs i make sure to always run through slowly with the installation im 100% i didnt install it so is there any other reasons for my problem?

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
MERGED QUESTION
Question from atiqx : "AMD Ryzen 2600, 1070ti Low GPU and CPU Usage + Performance"

Your CPU has 12 threads, Fortnight only uses a few. Thus the low CPU usage. This means your 1070ti is not being fed, thus the low GPU usage. If you want high high FPS in games you need a Intel chip. But as I keep telling people
- "If another idiot complains about getting less than 200FPS in a esports title, I will..."

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

Is there anyway to limit how many threads i'm using, and only reasoning i'm complaining about dropping from 144 frames is because i have a 144 hz monitor without g sync and i play competitively and its a extreme disadvantage dropping from my set hz and having screen tearing and game feel terrible

Reactions: Marcotto
Apr 3, 2019
@atiqx bro I have almost same specs as you, just 600w and my mb is a320m and when I got my pc I was playing normal it was perfect 144hz either after few months I started experiencing low performance and screen tearing. I also play stretched res and I had to turn v sync on to get no screen tearing but fortnite feels so so slow cuz of the input lag, I don't know what to do.