[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 2700 on Gigabyte Auros B550M Pro-P Board

Oldcompsci

Reputable
Apr 30, 2019
Been putting together an AMD Ryzen 5000 series system and I ran into an issue. I was successful in installing the Ryzen 5 5600X processor, booting and installing Windows and my apps. After letting it run over night I turned the system off to work on other things. When I went to turn it back on, no post. Power came on, fans were running but no post. I have a test system I checked the video card, memory and NVMe drive on and no problems. Contacted Gigabyte since I thought it might be the board, and they recommended RMA. Before I did that I did one last check to see if I could get anything out of it when I used a different processor.

I plugged in my previous Ryzen 7 2700 and the system booted up. Well this surprised the heck out of me. I checked the bios and everything was recognized properly including the 2700. Then I let the system boot fully and there were no issues at all. Windows reconfigured for the different processor and CPU-Z recognized it all properly as well.

Has anybody seen anything like this? I though all 5xx series motherboard were only compatible with 3000, 4000, and 5000 series Ryzens.

CPU-Z details at the link:

CPU-Z results

Solution
Maybe just check. Perhaps your board was old stock. So may just see if there are newer bios updates. From what I understand on 5000 series, the 5600x should have worked, but in any case try to see if an updated bios is there that resolves it, otherwise rma I suppose.