[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 3 2200G compatible with every game?

Nov 1, 2020
As the title mentions, I have an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G on my PC build and I'm looking for answers in knowing if this CPU can be compatible to run any game despite the required specs that are mentioned. The one game I intent to play is the Resident Evil 3 remake but every time I start a new game it just exits out back to the desktop, and so I read that the minimum CPU required to run the game is a higher grade than the one I currently have so I figured that would be my problem there and I just need to save up for a better CPU because every other equipment I got on my build are up to the requirements to run the game. I was told by my friend that the game should run with any GPU no matter what the SR for the game says and so he suggested I visit and ask around for any possibilities.

Solution
Yes, it runs the game menu as you say, but as I mentioned in the post once I start up a new game it takes me up to the load screen and then the game just exits out after that, in regards to what GPU am I using I honestly don't know much but I'm mainly aware that my system is actually running with a Radeon RX 580 that I had installed along with the CPU since I first set my build, so I would say that it's a discrete GPU system that I'm mainly running my games with, and lastly I'm running on 16GB total of RAM memory which is more than enough for a lot of games out there.
Your system specs meet at least the minimum spec to play RE3. You have something else wrong with your system, possibly a driver issue or there is a problem with...
Aug 6, 2020
The CPU itself should be able to run the game, I'm not saying it will run well enough to actually play it but I would expect it to at least make it to the main menu. Are you using the CPU's integrated GPU or are you using a discrete GPU? Amount of RAM?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You have house slippers. They are good enough for everyday stuff like walking around the house, going to the store, getting the mail, taking out the trash etc. I would not suggest climbing a mountain, trecking through a desert, mowing the lawn, working construction etc. Make sense?

The R5 3600 might be serious overkill for taking out the trash or getting the mail, but on the occasion you need to mow the lawn, climb a mountain, it is correct footware. Your current cpu is house slippers.

Of course if you are using the igpu on that 2200G, you might as well be wearing socks.

Reactions: Wolf Orphnoch
Nov 1, 2020
The CPU itself should be able to run the game, I'm not saying it will run well enough to actually play it but I would expect it to at least make it to the main menu. Are you using the CPU's integrated GPU or are you using a discrete GPU? Amount of RAM?
Yes, it runs the game menu as you say, but as I mentioned in the post once I start up a new game it takes me up to the load screen and then the game just exits out after that, in regards to what GPU am I using I honestly don't know much but I'm mainly aware that my system is actually running with a Radeon RX 580 that I had installed along with the CPU since I first set my build, so I would say that it's a discrete GPU system that I'm mainly running my games with, and lastly I'm running on 16GB total of RAM memory which is more than enough for a lot of games out there.

Your system specs meet at least the minimum spec to play RE3. You have something else wrong with your system, possibly a driver issue or there is a problem with the game installation.

Run a file verification in Steam by right clicking on the game name in your Steam game library list and select properties. Select the Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game files on that tab.

Solution
Nov 1, 2020
You have house slippers. They are good enough for everyday stuff like walking around the house, going to the store, getting the mail, taking out the trash etc. I would not suggest climbing a mountain, trecking through a desert, mowing the lawn, working construction etc. Make sense?

The R5 3600 might be serious overkill for taking out the trash or getting the mail, but on the occasion you need to mow the lawn, climb a mountain, it is correct footware. Your current cpu is house slippers.

Of course if you are using the igpu on that 2200G, you might as well be wearing socks.
Lol love the metaphoric description. Yeah I figured as much I oughta get myself a better GPU as I make up the money for it because I had to start off with the cheapest choice.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
As the title mentions, I have an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G on my PC build and I'm looking for answers in knowing if this CPU can be compatible to run any game despite the required specs that are mentioned. The one game I intent to play is the Resident Evil 3 remake but every time I start a new game it just exits out back to the desktop, and so I read that the minimum CPU required to run the game is a higher grade than the one I currently have so I figured that would be my problem there and I just need to save up for a better CPU because every other equipment I got on my build are up to the requirements to run the game. I was told by my friend that the game should run with any GPU no matter what the SR for the game says and so he suggested I visit and ask around for any possibilities.

This is running the game with that processor and just the built in graphics.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV3RJNWY-S8

Reactions: Wolf Orphnoch
Nov 1, 2020
Your system specs meet at least the minimum spec to play RE3. You have something else wrong with your system, possibly a driver issue or there is a problem with the game installation.

Run a file verification in Steam by right clicking on the game name in your Steam game library list and select properties. Select the Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game files on that tab.
Thank you. Your answer solved the issue and did exactly as you instructed. Now the game is actually playing.

Reactions: Goldman60
Nov 1, 2020
I appreciate the help from everyone that responded to this thread. I started getting into the PC platform for gaming at the start of this year so I look forward to learning more from you guys to amp up the experience. ^_^