AMD ryzen 3 2200g running very hot with cooler master hyper 212 evo

brotherbart

Reputable
Jul 20, 2018
Hi,

I recently build a new pc voor my little brother.
He only needed to play Roblox on it so I used a ryzen 3 2200g without a gpu.
I installed it with the stock amd cooler and my brother told me that Roblox was lagging.
I set the VRAM amount to 2GB and found out that the cpu was running at 60+°C (140+℉) idle.
That's why I bought the cooler master hyper 212 evo.
After I installed it I saw that it was stil idleing at about 43-53°C (109-127℉) with the fan speed at really fast.
Roblox stil wasn't playable.

I don't understand how this is possible. I saw videos on Youtube where people are playing gta V with 60+ fps.

Does anybody know how this is posible, please help me.

Solution
It might be a little much but it doesn't look too bad. You want an even coverage without it is squeezing out over the edges. That cooler is more than adequate for the cpu though. Make sure you tighten the screws evenly so don't just crank down one side and then the other.

The open side panel should help, but its not necessarily enough. Can you try blowing a house fan at the side panel while gaming to see if it changes anything? Just make sure the air from outside fan is pointed in the same direction as the cpu fan.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
A few things to check:
1. Make sure you didn't apply to little or too much thermal paste.
2. Make sure you have adequate case cooling. A cpu fan won't make much difference if the air can't circulate.
3. Make sure that the cpu fan is properly seated and all the screws are snug.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Sounds like either its not mounted right or you forgot to remove the plastic from the bottom of the cooler.

Can you confirm the cooler is tight to the CPU, and that there isnt anything else except for thermal paste between the cpu heat spreader and the cooler? (ive seen pictures where people have accidentally left the plastic film in between).

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
That looks like a pretty good amount. Just make sure you clean it off and repaste when you take the cooler off. Like drivinfast247 said, you really need at least one exhaust fan for that case, otherwise your cpu fan is basically just a hair dryer blowing hot air around.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
It might be a little much but it doesn't look too bad. You want an even coverage without it is squeezing out over the edges. That cooler is more than adequate for the cpu though. Make sure you tighten the screws evenly so don't just crank down one side and then the other.

The open side panel should help, but its not necessarily enough. Can you try blowing a house fan at the side panel while gaming to see if it changes anything? Just make sure the air from outside fan is pointed in the same direction as the cpu fan.

Solution