Question AMD Ryzen 3 2200u Mobile Temperature

twodayxne

Commendable
Jan 11, 2021
Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 3 A315-41 with Ryzen 3 2200u CPU, recently I boosted my CPU TDP to 35w with Max CPU Temperature at 95°C. and as expected, when i check my CPU temperature in MSI Afterburner, the temperature is at 95°C. I use it for light gaming and it made the experience better. But, is 95°C Temperature normal for the CPU or is it too hot? Because I use my Laptop for a long period and I'm worried that it might cause some problem to the CPU because of the temperature. Also, is 35w TDP good or too much? What's the ideal maximum TDP for the CPU that it doesn't cause problem to the CPU? Thanks!

For extended periods its too much.

Also the max hard locked tdp of the 2200u is 25w so irregardless of what your system says its likely maxed out at 25w.

Thats still too much imo, acer locked it down to a 12w tdp because their cooling is subpar in those cheap laptops.

The 2200u is a 14nm chip, it's isn't as power efficient as the ryzen 3***u cpu's.

Drop the tdp to 20w, drop the max temp to 88c - you're closer to safe levels then.

twodayxne

Commendable
Jan 11, 2021
For extended periods its too much.

Also the max hard locked tdp of the 2200u is 25w so irregardless of what your system says its likely maxed out at 25w.

Thats still too much imo, acer locked it down to a 12w tdp because their cooling is subpar in those cheap laptops.

The 2200u is a 14nm chip, it's isn't as power efficient as the ryzen 3***u cpu's.

Drop the tdp to 20w, drop the max temp to 88c - you're closer to safe levels then.

Thanks, when i first boot up my laptop, the laptop set the TDP itself, from my AMD uProf, whenever i boot up my laptop, it set the STAPM Limit to 25TDP not 35TDP, and the PPT Fast Limit is at 30, while the PPT Slow Limit is at 25. I figured that's normal and i keep it at that if i don't use it for heavy work. At 25tdp, the temperature is dropping to 75° max.

Also, if i use cooling pad, will it also help cooling the CPU and make it last longer?

JUbZBg9.png

Here is the TDP from AMD uProf, the temperature is dropping and the fan isn't working really loud compared to 35TDP.

TRENDING THREADS