Question AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Overclock

Apr 6, 2020
Hey, I’ve built a rig recently. I just wanted to know what are the optimal overclock settings for the Ryzen 3 3200G. I’m using the wraith stock cooler.

Hey, I’ve built a rig recently. I just wanted to know what are the optimal overclock settings for the Ryzen 3 3200G. I’m using the wraith stock cooler.
as said by Rdslw, PBO would do it for you - with the box cooler, there's little more you can do. If you use the onboard graphics, those can be pushed a bit higher manually, but that's only useful if you have very, VERY fast RAM (such as low-latency 3800 in dual channel) otherwise the thermal problems it causes are more detrimental to performance than the half-percent higher framerate you might get.

Apr 6, 2020
there is no really "optimal" as it depends on silicon lottery, psu & cooler combo. Just follow the guides:
PBO would do it for you, but in case of 3200g its natural boost does a lot already.
I would suggest not OC'ing it, even going -0.050V to have more headroom for cooling. if you OC cpu, integrated gpu will start thermal-choking.

Thanks for the help!

Apr 6, 2020
as said by Rdslw, PBO would do it for you - with the box cooler, there's little more you can do. If you use the onboard graphics, those can be pushed a bit higher manually, but that's only useful if you have very, VERY fast RAM (such as low-latency 3800 in dual channel) otherwise the thermal problems it causes are more detrimental to performance than the half-percent higher framerate you might get.

I’ve got 3200 rated ram

there is no really "optimal" as it depends on silicon lottery, psu & cooler combo. Just follow the guides:
PBO would do it for you, but in case of 3200g its natural boost does a lot already.
I would suggest not OC'ing it, even going -0.050V to have more headroom for cooling. if you OC cpu, integrated gpu will start thermal-choking.

This is less for the OP and more for people who found this searching.

Follow guide, is excellent advice. Also go watch some Linus Tech tips vids when you burn out on reading. Back in 1996 is when I started getting into overclocking, everything was done in BIOS back the (i think, Afterburner may have just came out?)

2020, MANY ways to overclock. Im 90% sold on Software OC now, if its accurate, i havent tested much yet, just got back into OC ing.

After trying familiar methods, looks like amd 2020 and ryzen maqster is the way to go.

First of all GREAT cpu to OC, its borderline on what you can play, i get around 60 FPS on High settings of modern titles, (oh With a rx but im CPU bottlenecked, so again Perfgect for OC.

Take your time, and make changes a bit at a time, A cheap but good aftermarket cooler helps a LOT, i had Massive gains with am Alpine 7 over wraith (i also pop the side and put a box fan on it.

Right now im Playing Shadow of the Tombraider on High Settings, im using a 60hz monitor atm so stuck at 60 fps, but my 23200g is running stable (so far, about an hour in) at 4200, ive seen jumps on games going from 3600 to 3850 10-20 extra fps.

OP, try 3800 and 1.375 hz as a starting point, also change your memory to 3200 if your mobo su[pports it (aslo big gain)

Reactions: Rdslw