Hi there,

I recently built a HTPC with the following specs:

Asus b450 gaming-itx/ac mother board
AMD Ryzen 3 3200g APU
16 GB ballistix RAM
160W streacom nano PSU
1TB M.2 SSD

I've installed Budgie as the OS.

The PC worked fine for around 2 months but has now started deteriorating. I get lots of white lines tearing across the screen and then the screen will cut out altogether repeatedly.

While the screen is black the PC is still registering inputs (I can type, move the mouse and load webpages).

I've used sensors and powertop to run diagnostics and the power usage is never anywhere close to the 160W capacity of the nano PSU and the CPU temp doesn't get above 60 C.

I've tried multiple HDMI cables and the issue still persists.

I also get the issue in the BIOS screen so it's not OS related.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the PC that I can see either from the diagnostics or from opening it up and checking for loose connections.

Has anyone had similar issues in the past? Is it a faulty APU?

Solution
4.60 now, I had 4.20 but updated it. Issues were there before and after the update.
Try these:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU again (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 4 on yours) like this:

unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios or downgrade to 3.50(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset...
Hi there,

I recently built a HTPC with the following specs:

Asus b450 gaming-itx/ac mother board
AMD Ryzen 3 3200g APU
16 GB ballistix RAM
160W streacom nano PSU
1TB M.2 SSD

I've installed Budgie as the OS.

The PC worked fine for around 2 months but has now started deteriorating. I get lots of white lines tearing across the screen and then the screen will cut out altogether repeatedly.

While the screen is black the PC is still registering inputs (I can type, move the mouse and load webpages).

I've used sensors and powertop to run diagnostics and the power usage is never anywhere close to the 160W capacity of the nano PSU and the CPU temp doesn't get above 60 C.

I've tried multiple HDMI cables and the issue still persists.

I also get the issue in the BIOS screen so it's not OS related.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the PC that I can see either from the diagnostics or from opening it up and checking for loose connections.

Has anyone had similar issues in the past? Is it a faulty APU?
what version of the bios you have now?

4.60 now, I had 4.20 but updated it. Issues were there before and after the update.
Try these:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU again (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 4 on yours) like this:

unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios or downgrade to 3.50(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver. and reboot, then go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders

Solution