Question AMD Ryzen 3, B450I- Crashes during games

Jun 7, 2019
Hello everyone, I assembled my first computer build this week, but things are sketchy. Here are my chosen components:

MSI B450I Gaming Plus Motherboard
MSI Armor MK2 8G OC Radeon RX570 Graphics Card
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 Memory
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Processor
Windows 10 (currently unactivated)

Everything runs fine on a normal level, however I am having multiple crash issues on a variety of games and platforms such as Supreme Commander, Tom Clancy's The Division2, and FiveM. The error I receive is a Radeon Wattman restart. The graphics card is not the culprit as I swapped it out with an Nvidia 660, and no dice.

The following have been done to attempt to resolve the issue: Bios flashed, activated game boost and set DDR speed to 2400/GPU at 3.75, uninstalled and re-installed graphics card drivers, ran memory diagnostics (no issues found), formatted hard drive, etc.. I ran a stress test, on both the memory and GPU. The memory is fine, however the GPU did glitch. That suggests some sort of issue between the motherboard and processor I think? I'd appreciate any help offered.

WildCard999

Titan

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'd probably try running HWMonitor to check voltages while you're stressing your system using something like Heaven's Benchmark. If you see voltage fluctuations greater than 0.5%, it's a good bet your power supply isn't up to the task.

-Wolf sends

Jun 7, 2019
I'd probably try running HWMonitor to check voltages while you're stressing your system using something like Heaven's Benchmark. If you see voltage fluctuations greater than 0.5%, it's a good bet your power supply isn't up to the task.

Ran the stress test and got a fluctuation of about .400 in the CPU VCORE

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Also think it might be the psu,would test that first. A good one for the price,
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Veng...0w+80++silver&qid=1560340131&s=gateway&sr=8-1
You really don't need the wattage,but price is good.

If wanting us to check voltages make a (partial) screenshot fom the psu voltages ,can us the "clippping tool" from windows.

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Best would be under load. You could make a log while stress testing the pc,this would be saved on the pc after a crash,

How to make a log,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

Other thing to look at is updating the system/chipset drivers and get the latest bios which is pretty recent.
Support For B450I GAMING PLUS AC | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I'm sorry you copied it as text,can't work from that. Just upload the file itself.

Found a way to look ,but next time upload as the .CSV file it is not as a textfile.Going to look.

Did you disable pagefile? If so re enable it again.

According to the log is your ram running at 2133mhz,make that 2400mhz or enable A-XMP in the bios.

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The error I receive is a Radeon Wattman restart. The graphics card is not the culprit as I swapped it out with an Nvidia 660, and no dice.
Do delete that tool Radeon Wattman for now since it also seems to be used for overclocking,make sure nay overcclocks are reset to stock. When swapping for a gtx 660 did you use DDU to get rid of the AMD drivers and make sure the right drivers for that gtx 660 were installed?

Still ponder about that psu,but voltages in the log are stable so for now give it the benefit of the doubt altough testing with another/better psu would be wise.Might be wise to get another one anyway since only one year warranty on it.

Jun 7, 2019
Do delete that tool Radeon Wattman for now since it also seems to be used for overclocking,make sure nay overcclocks are reset to stock. When swapping for a gtx 660 did you use DDU to get rid of the AMD drivers and make sure the right drivers for that gtx 660 were installed?

Yes, did a clean install with new hard drive. Do you think I have an unstable CPU?