Question AMD Ryzen 3, B450I- Crashes during games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 7, 2019
Hello everyone, I assembled my first computer build this week, but things are sketchy. Here are my chosen components:

MSI B450I Gaming Plus Motherboard
MSI Armor MK2 8G OC Radeon RX570 Graphics Card
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 Memory
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Processor
Windows 10 (currently unactivated)

Everything runs fine on a normal level, however I am having multiple crash issues on a variety of games and platforms such as Supreme Commander, Tom Clancy's The Division2, and FiveM. The error I receive is a Radeon Wattman restart. The graphics card is not the culprit as I swapped it out with an Nvidia 660, and no dice.

The following have been done to attempt to resolve the issue: Bios flashed, activated game boost and set DDR speed to 2400/GPU at 3.75, uninstalled and re-installed graphics card drivers, ran memory diagnostics (no issues found), formatted hard drive, etc.. I ran a stress test, on both the memory and GPU. The memory is fine, however the GPU did glitch. That suggests some sort of issue between the motherboard and processor I think? I'd appreciate any help offered.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did you reinstall windows again? Since this is best with a motherboard upgrade. With new motherboard come new drivers which need to be installed,maybe old drivers are corrupting things. If reinstalling install the new motherboard drivers first,after that install the gpu drivers.

Might be ram as well,do some tests with memtest86. Let it run a few times.
MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool
make a bootable usb stick with this and start from it to let it run the tests.

Does the new motherboard have the latest bios?

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
By your image your running 1.4v hell my ryzen 5 2600 runs on 1.375v oc'd to 4.1ghz.I am also pretty sure it's the psu that's causing that.Did you run a program like prime 95?it's a heavy intense cpu stress testand then heaven for gpu.Problem is it can be 1 or more things causing this but i bet it's the psu.

Jun 7, 2019
Hey guys, I'm trying to play FiveM (a mod version of GTAV) with an Nvidia GTX660. However, when I get into a server the game crashes within a few minutes- throwing the code in the thread title. I have tried to fix this using registry editor, turning off anti-aliasing, and setting FiveM to run at high performance settings. This has not helped so far. What I'm wondering is: FiveM is running DirectX 11, but DirectX 12 is on my GPU. Could this be causing a compatibility issue? I'd appreciate any new solutions.

Thanks!

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Did you install chipset drivers, USB drivers and Sata drivers? Don't bother with the Raid Expert sata drivers, just the normal ones. Manufacturer of your board should have all of those on their motherboard page, probably under Support.
But you can also get chipset drivers directly from AMD. Manufacturers don't always update their site with the latest.

Jun 7, 2019
Did you install chipset drivers, USB drivers and Sata drivers? Don't bother with the Raid Expert sata drivers, just the normal ones. Manufacturer of your board should have all of those on their motherboard page, probably under Support.
But you can also get chipset drivers directly from AMD. Manufacturers don't always update their site with the latest.

Yes I have tried with 2 different chipset versions.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 7, 2019
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12542/overclocking-the-amd-ryzen-apus-guide-results/7

You should be able to get to 3700 Mhz with 1.3 volts, lower that.
You did connect the 8-pin to your graphics card, right? Check all connections once more, even harddisks but especially power cables.

By 2 chipset versions you mean 2 chipset driver versions, right?
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470

all connections are secure. Yes- 2 chipset driver versions.