News AMD Ryzen 3000 Dominates Intel on Amazon Best-Selling CPUs List

margrave

Commendable
Apr 14, 2018
When will "journalists" learn how to write?

You say "Amazon's Best Sellers list ... is a good indication of what products are in high demand at Amazon" ... have you said anything at all?

D'oh!

Ajvy

Prominent
May 23, 2019
I've ordered 3600x paired with B450 Tomahawk and 16Gb Ram @3200 Mhz for $426. Just compare it to the Intel, both prices and performances.

Ajvy

Prominent
May 23, 2019
That is quite the jump in performance. I was watching that processor benchmarked against the i9 9900k and I have to say, I was impressed.
Yeah, I've watched quite a few comparisons and the processor is really offering a lot of bang for the buck. All of the new Ryzens are monsters, didn't know which one to pick. Since the most stressful operation on my PC is gaming at 1080p, I've chosen this one. Even Ryzen 5 3600 would do, but I had some extra bucks and went for the x (might do some overclocking)

Reactions: SgtScream
I was expecting the 3600 and 3700X to lead the list, since they seem to be the best-value 6 and 8-core parts of the new lineup, but it looks like they are not in stock at Amazon, and only available from third-party sellers at marked up prices at the moment, which is likely why they are not in the top ten.

As for the point of the article, it's only logical that newly-released products should place well in a bestseller's list, so I'm not sure this is indicative of much. Ryzen processors have placed well in this list for quite a while already, so not much has changed.

I was expecting the 3600 and 3700X to lead the list, since they seem to be the best-value 6 and 8-core parts of the new lineup, but it looks like they are not in stock at Amazon, and only available from third-party sellers at marked up prices at the moment, which is likely why they are not in the top ten.

As for the point of the article, it's only logical that newly-released products should place well in a bestseller's list, so I'm not sure this is indicative of much. Ryzen processors have placed well in this list for quite a while already, so not much has changed.
Honestly, wait for black friday. I'd never purchase close to release date for two reasons. The first one is obvious (price) and the second bios revision updates ant the teething process.

Wheel in the Sky

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2013
Yeah, I've watched quite a few comparisons and the processor is really offering a lot of bang for the buck. All of the new Ryzens are monsters, didn't know which one to pick. Since the most stressful operation on my PC is gaming at 1080p, I've chosen this one. Even Ryzen 5 3600 would do, but I had some extra bucks and went for the x (might do some overclocking)
Do you mean you might turn on the automatic overclocking? I thought the non-x versions were better for manual overclocking.

Ajvy

Prominent
May 23, 2019
Do you mean you might turn on the automatic overclocking? I thought the non-x versions were better for manual overclocking.
Yeah, I've turned on the automatic boost, and by the way, I had a lot of trouble flashing the BIOS (since it wouldn't support the processor otherwise). If you intend on buying the MSI B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 3000 series, wait up a bit. MSI is releasing new motherboards that will have the 32Mb BIOS instead of 16Mb and the installation won't be an issue.

Last edited:

Wheel in the Sky

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2013
Yeah, I've turned on the automatic boost, and by the way, I had a lot of trouble flashing the BIOS (since it wouldn't support the processor otherwise). If you intend on buying the MSI B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 3000 series, wait up a bit. MSI is releasing new motherboards that will have the 32Mb BIOS instead of 16Mb and the installation won't be an issue.
That's useful advice. The B450 Tomahawk has been a highly recommended way to save money over X570 on Reddit.