[SOLVED] AMD ryzen 3600 fan not screwing in.

Rohan76576

Reputable
Feb 7, 2020
I’ve just taken of the cpu fan, cleaned off the thermal paste and applied more and now i put the fan on top of the cpu and turn the screws with a screwdriver but they spin and do not move down at all. please help

Solution
Just to make sure.... when you reinstalled the CPU, you pulled the retention arm back seated the CPU (gently wiggling until its fully in), then pulled the retention arm down.

I'm guessing it's the stock CPU cooler right?

If you did that, then there's no way the CPU cooler won't screw. The screws on the CPU have little springs on them, so when you screw in those springs need to be fully compressed... you'll need to put quite a bit of pressure for that to happen.
Just to make sure.... when you reinstalled the CPU, you pulled the retention arm back seated the CPU (gently wiggling until its fully in), then pulled the retention arm down.

If you did that, then there's no way the CPU cooler won't screw. The screws on the CPU have little springs on them, so when you screw in those springs need to be fully compressed... you'll need to put quite a bit of pressure for that to happen.

Solution

Rohan76576

Reputable
Feb 7, 2020

i didn’t take out the cpu and yes it is a stick cpu cooler