[SOLVED] Amd Ryzen 3700x fan cooling and rgb

georgens

Commendable
Oct 2, 2017
I have an amd ryzen 7 3700x and it works fine, however it's the cooler it came with, on the software I'm unable to turn off the fan led and if I try and make the colour black it just makes it pink, this is the case with any dark colours. Any help is appreciated as this is a brand new build.

Solution
check pins, I think the connector is turned around or one pin is not connecting.
also check bios update as problems happen, its good to have newest bios.
(include your mobo model for other guys)

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
iirc the fan has two plugs, one for the 4 pin fan that goes in the fan header and the other for the rgb that goes in the rgb controller on the motherboard, if you want it to be just dark, you can turn off the pc, open the left pannel case and then unplug the rgb connector for that fan and let the fan just spin without any lights

if you don't want to open the case for warranty reasons, put the light to white, is the less annoying color you can set apart from turn it off

georgens

Commendable
Oct 2, 2017
Well it
iirc the fan has two plugs, one for the 4 pin fan that goes in the fan header and the other for the rgb that goes in the rgb controller on the motherboard, if you want it to be just dark, you can turn off the pc, open the left pannel case and then unplug the rgb connector for that fan and let the fan just spin without any lights

if you don't want to open the case for warranty reasons, put the light to white, is the less annoying color you can set apart from turn it off
Should just turn off without unplugging the cable though shouldn't it? The feature is in the software?

georgens

Commendable
Oct 2, 2017
check pins, I think the connector is turned around or one pin is not connecting.
also check bios update as problems happen, its good to have newest bios.
(include your mobo model for other guys)
If the mobo is motherboard it's a x570 Asus Rog Gaming-E, and that also has RGB which the software cannot detect? The software is armoury crate

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
Well it

Should just turn off without unplugging the cable though shouldn't it? The feature is in the software?
if you are going to open the case and unplug the cable i mentioned, turn off the pc, then unplug the power supply from the power cable that is connected to the wall socket, then remove the left panel of the case, unplug the rgb cable, manage that cable so doesn't fall over the cpu fan or over anything else, then close again the left panl of the case, plug back the psu power cable and turn the pc on again, if the fan spins but the led lights doesn't come on you successfully disabled the rgb, if the fan doesn't spin, you unplugged the wrong cable

to be sure what you are going to do remove the pannel and take a picture of it, post it here in the forum, so we can see the connector and guide you better on the process

georgens

Commendable
Oct 2, 2017
if you are going to open the case and unplug the cable i mentioned, turn off the pc, then unplug the power supply from the power cable that is connected to the wall socket, then remove the left panel of the case, unplug the rgb cable, manage that cable so doesn't fall over the cpu fan or over anything else, then close again the left panl of the case, plug back the psu power cable and turn the pc on again, if the fan spins but the led lights doesn't come on you successfully disabled the rgb, if the fan doesn't spin, you unplugged the wrong cable

to be sure what you are going to do remove the pannel and take a picture of it, post it here in the forum, so we can see the connector and guide you better on the process
I don't want to disable the fan I want it to work properly with the software, to display the colours I want it to and to be able to turn it off like I can with other parts of the RGB in the cooler like logo lighting

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i did nt said you ill disable the fan, i said you will unplug the rgb cable the fan will keep working if the fan has two cables, one for the fan control, and another for the rgb control

if you want unified control and the fan is not doing it, i have seen most people leaving it alone do its thing, that is what you report, it doesn't obey really, in this case, where what you want is have control, you need a different rgb heatsink and fan, one that works well with the motherboard and software you have