[SOLVED] Amd ryzen 3700x for low temp using ryzen master

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 13, 2020
hi all so i buy new cpu with new mobo
i was on intel i7 8700k and i change it with Ryzen 7 3700x with aorus x570
with
COOLERMASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB
and my temps on idle is 50 to 60 on amd ryzen master program
didnt miss up with any setting and i reaply thermal paste twice same result
so my quation how to lower the remp on my cpu
on strees using gpuz strees reach 95 dgree
on gaming reach 72 dgree
my new spec
3700x
aorus x570 master
ml240l cooler
tforce delta 3200 mhz 2x8
1200 watt power supply plat
full tower case with 5 fans
any setting to apply
thx
sorry for my bad english

Solution
Ryzen is not Intel, don't compare them temps and voltage wise, they work differently.
For better idle temps, make sure that pump is running full speed all the time (that's how all simple AIO coolers should work). On my Arctic Freezer II 240 pump is not speed adjustable and previous AIO CM Nepton 140XL had it in instruction manual.
CPU voltage can drop under 1v at true idle, Together with power saving options in BIOS, in Ryzen power plan, minimum processor state should be set to 5% so most cores should be able to go to Sleep state.
It's not unusual for voltage to go to 1.4v+ but it's not direct cause for high idle temps because of low load. Under full load voltage should drop to 1.325v with first batch of 3700x and less than 1.3v with...

Ferimer

Distinguished
I don't care about petty disagreements elsewhere, I'm talking about what's happening here. If you don't agree, fine. Agree to disagree. But don't involve me in your childish attempts to discredit another poster. Do you own a 3700x and run it day to day? Are you familiar with how it behaves and what its temperature ranges under typical operation are?

If not, maybe go observe one in action.
Yet here you are still responding instead of ignoring it and reading that the one you are praising has actually gone on to say this "On my 3700X, with auto voltage and VCore settings, the CPUz VCore reading is a scary 1.40 while SVI2/TFN is 1.325-ish (it moves around quite a bit) when running the CPUz stress test." So if he himself is worried about the CPU reaching a "scary" 1.4V why does he have 0 issues telling the OP that its fine?? Can you explain that to me? IN the end the OP tuned their CPU which is a 3700x and solved his problem thanks to a suggestion from someone (as you put it) doesn't own an 3700X and seen it in action? i own a 3600X and have it boosted that makes me not able to suggest something that may work for them? The heck is your problem?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
@John Chesterfield @Ferimer If the two of you can't find a way to help this OP without accusing each other of trolling and name calling and arguing turning this thread into a dumpster fire then I suggest you both take a walk and let someone else help him, before I send you both on a vacation.

I've deleted your last few posts. Your next post here better be constructive or just delete it and move along. Do not reply to this message here, if you have a problem PM me.