[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 3700x, seems to always be in boost on idle?

Jun 16, 2019
I just built a Windows 10 PC with an AMD Ryzen 3700x, no Overclocking done (software or bios). When I launch the Ryzen Master program it shows my "default" CPU clock speeds at around 4400 mhz and voltages seem to be around 1.45. I'm curious why my CPU speed seems to be in "boost" mode, even when the computer is idle with < 10% load? Idle temps with the Wraith Prism CPU fan that came with the chip are around 45-50C. I've got the Power Plan set to "Balanced", even tried "AMD Balanced" power plan. Still curious why the default clock speeds seem to be so high? View: https://imgur.com/a/H0JVbqv

Solution
I am in exactly the same situation. I have an idle temp of 42-50C and even reached 90C in AIDA64 System stability test (Stress CPU, Stress FPU and Stress memory).

For voltage issue, remove all background processes and open only CPU-Z. Now you should see less than 1v. (This is what somebody from AMD posted in Reddit. He said CPU-Z measures voltage better than their own software)
PS: Also update to the latest chipset driver from AMD before checking the voltage.

Jithin Krishna C T

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
I am in exactly the same situation. I have an idle temp of 42-50C and even reached 90C in AIDA64 System stability test (Stress CPU, Stress FPU and Stress memory).

For voltage issue, remove all background processes and open only CPU-Z. Now you should see less than 1v. (This is what somebody from AMD posted in Reddit. He said CPU-Z measures voltage better than their own software)
PS: Also update to the latest chipset driver from AMD before checking the voltage.

Solution