Jun 7, 2019
3700X Overclocked all cores to 4.2ghz, could go further but it just gets to hot, when PBO is enabled it gets even hotter than this, I am on the most recent bios and using good quality thermal paste (Noctua NT-H1). When these temps where tested the ambient temperature was roughly 25c.

My voltages max out at 1.1v even under full load
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52
Case CoolerMaster H500M (plenty of airflow)
Idle: 45-65c
Max Load (Gaming & Rendering): 70-77c
Max Temperature (Stress Test): Heavy Load - 70-74c
AIDA64 System Stability Test: 90c (Goes straight to 88c and goes up gradually, would go further if i didnt stop it.)

How can I lower these temps??? I know most of them are safe I just feel uncomfortable having them this high, am not used to it. My old cpu (i5 7600k @4.9GHz) idled at around 28c and at full stress test load went to 65c on average. I know this is a known issue i'm just wondering if there is a fix to this issue?

Unless you're just chasing benchmark scores, there's no reason for an overclock on 3xxx Ryzen.

That's not really an overclock, as the CPU itself will boost all cores to 4300 or higher. In my case, all games are 4300mhz or higher. A heavy benchmark or torture test will boost 4.0-4.1ghz.

As far as temps go, make sure the pump is set to 100% DC in BIOS.

Jun 7, 2019
Unless you're just chasing benchmark scores, there's no reason for an overclock on 3xxx Ryzen.

That's not really an overclock, as the CPU itself will boost all cores to 4300 or higher. In my case, all games are 4300mhz or higher. A heavy benchmark or torture test will boost 4.0-4.1ghz.

As far as temps go, make sure the pump is set to 100% DC in BIOS.
I basically need to do an all core OC, because when I have PBO and Auto OC enabled the voltage goes up to 1.485v and temps go even higher.