News AMD Ryzen 4000 Gaming Laptops Start At $930

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'm eager to see an OEM put the new 8-core Ryzen mobile chips into a high-end 2-in-1 device. AMD appears to finally be pushing mobile performance forward the way they did in the desktop space. Gaming laptops are not versatile enough for me though.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I'm eager to see an OEM put the new 8-core Ryzen mobile chips into a high-end 2-in-1 device. AMD appears to finally be pushing mobile performance forward the way they did in the desktop space. Gaming laptops are not versatile enough for me though.
I'm sure we'll see plenty of coverage for the "U" series chips soon. The gaming laptops are actually more interesting to me though, this is a market that AMD has struggled to break into... and their new H and HS chips have the potential to make real headway. Even if they don't seize a large portion of the market, the threat has really pushed Intel to pull out the stops. So either way we're seeing a lot more cores per dollar... just as we have in every other segment so far. So regardless of whether you go Intel or AMD, it's pretty exciting.